Benefit calculator — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit calculator

gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
@Adrian_Scope  ty ,I used  the link u gave me lol  think I'm better off on £46pw , says I can claim  hb£62.16pw  ct,support £4.97, lol think I'm better off on my £46pw and noticed on my ct bill I've got  to pay £615.38  this yr I'm more confused now  then I was  getting up this morning ??

Comments

• lieghanna
    lieghanna Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I don't know if my money is ok
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    lieghanna said:
    I don't know if my money is ok

HI and welcome,

Can you give us some more information please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 hi poppy ty ,yes my  daughter  started work , she is on 0% hours, and they r  taking £16 pw  off me but I have to pay half of my c tax bill now?  I'm on ir esa  in the support  group  4 7yrs now? 
  • poppy123456
    gillian72 said:
    @poppy123456 hi poppy ty ,yes my  daughter  started work , she is on 0% hours, and they r  taking £16 pw  off me but I have to pay half of my c tax bill now?  I'm on ir esa  in the support  group  4 7yrs now? 

This is most likely because you're not entitled to the 25% single person discount in your council tax reduction because you live with your daughter. Everyone has to pay a contribution towards their council tax. How much you'll have to pay will depend on your local council because they all have their own rules for council tax reduction.

If you're claiming housing benefit, there may also be a non dependent deduction for this but that will depend on your circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 , yes  I  understand  deduction £16 pw of my hb  but  she's on £86 pw an I  get  £104 pw £59 to council & rent top up,pw leaves 45pw  so gas / electric  ect
    & food shopping  I. Just don't  get it ,heat or eat, I ,live on cereals atm.it makes no sense 

• poppy123456
    gillian72 said:
    @poppy123456 , yes  I  understand  deduction £16 pw of my hb  but  she's on £86 pw an I  get  £104 pw £59 to council & rent top up,pw leaves 45pw  so gas / electric  ect
    & food shopping  I. Just don't  get it ,heat or eat, I ,live on cereals atm.it makes no sense 

Difficult to advise because i have no idea what benefits you claim and whether you have a partner or not.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 lol not sure what u mean??  I  have applied 4 pip so I'm waiting  on reply from them ,  I live on my own  with my daughter  I claim hb my rent is £110 pw & get £66pw from hb  on Esa £104 pw but is normally £124pw but I had social loan so deduction  4 that lol  I wouldn't be  living  like this if I had any other benefits or a partner an my daughter is 19 yrs old  so don't get any benefit 4 her  no more  so just hb an esa I get  poppy?
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 also have to pay  back  over payment  from when my daughter  quit collage and 4 a yr we lived on my esa coz  she had to b 18 to get. Uv so they said  because she didn't  do anything for that  yr  but she had to b 18 to claim owt doesn't make sense there a joke, thank you for ur help on this 
  • poppy123456
    Sounds like you're claiming everything you're entitled to at the moment. If your clam for PIP is successful and you're awarded the daily living part then you won't receive any non dependent deductions for housing benefit.

Unfortunately because of the Covid19 pandemic then your PIP claim could take quite some time.
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    If you're having difficultly paying the shortfall in your rent you can apply for a discretionary housing payment to help with the shortfall in your rent. To claim this you need to contact your local council. Do be aware that it's not guaranteed that you will receive this help but if you do then it's only paid for a short period of time and then you can re-apply.

Do also be aware that because your daughter is working she will be expected to help pay for the shortfall in your rent.

• gillian72
    @poppy123456 what  a joke they r I won't have a roof over r heads when lockdown ends might as well top myself now thank you for ur help anyway poppy x  stay safe x
  • poppy123456
    Please do consider applying for the discretionary housing payment.

Is your daughter paying a contribution for living with you?
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 can I ask u  a question  plz I've been  on esa support group  4  7yrs  I have ischimic heart disease,angina, copd ,Ddd cervical an lumber ,multiple level facet joint  disease , polyarthropathy,   Suspected ms?  Got to get eye test ,mental health problems etc  I notice on here  some times  see  Esa an uv  get both benifits sorry if I got it wrong  memory an  getting confused  poppy am I on the wrong esa ?? 

• poppy123456
    I'm not sure i quite understand what you're asking. The amount of ESA you're receiving (£104 per week) tells me that you're in the WRAG.

You mention both benefits? are you asking if you can claim Universal Credit (UC) as well as ESA? if so then the answer is no. If you claim UC then your ESA will stop and your WRAG award will be honoured in UC.

Your housing benefit will also stop after 2 weeks and continue to be paid in with your UC amount. UC is also paid monthly so it's a lot more difficult to manage with monthly payments as apposed to fortnightly payments like ESA is.

I hope i've been able to answer you're question as i was unsure exactly what you were asking.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 I'm so sorry  poppy I'm having  a memory loss day that's why  I'm  taking so long  2 reply an stuck in  my  room  4. 14weeks  ok. I'm really thick aswell so that doesn't  help  wrag?  And  CB  esa?  Verses ir esa  
  • poppy123456
    WRAG is Work related activity group and the amount of ESA that you're receiving tells me that you started your claim before April 2017 and you're claiming Income Related, not Contributions based.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 I've been on esa for 10yrs I was in the wrag  4 3yrs  then put in support group when my health conditions got worst, I'm sorry I keep asking  with what's happening  in the world  at  this very sad time xx
  • poppy123456
    The money you receive from ESA is not support group amount, unless you're having some deductions for something. Support Group Income Related amount is £128.45 per week.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 , sorry I did say that  in one of  my comments living expenses £73.10. Lcfwa support group £38.55. Dig £16.80  then my deductions taken off ?
  • gillian72
     Does anyone now if I could put a claim in 4  enhanced disability premium?? Or the severe d p?? Sorry I'm really thick lol??. I'm in esa support  group??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.