Favourite Box Set - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite Box Set

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited April 2020
    My interest in it trailed off a bit towards the end of season 1 @Chloe_Scope, but that probably says more about my attention span than it does the show. :D 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Anyone watch Aladdin yet?
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @M Anthony, 
                              Great suggestion with Lost, I started watching it when it first came out but I never saw the ending, that is definitely one I am going have to find. Thank you for making a great suggestion :) 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Unfortunately I haven't seen Designated Survivor and I don't have Netflix. Please may I ask what it is about and please let us know your thoughts on it. Thank you.  
  • WestHam06
    Hi @April2018mom
                                    How are you and your family? Which Aladdin, the new one with Will Smith? If so, then no I haven't seen it, have you? What are your thoughts on it if you have? Thank you. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    My interest in it trailed off a bit towards the end of season 1 @Chloe_Scope, but that probably says more about my attention span than it does the show. :D 
    Haha thanks @Adrian_Scope! I'll let you know how I get on!
    Hi @April2018mom, do you mean the new one? I've seen it and thought it was great!
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Unfortunately I haven't seen Designated Survivor and I don't have Netflix. Please may I ask what it is about and please let us know your thoughts on it. Thank you.  
    Hi @WestHam06, it's about the president of America being killed in what appears to be a terror related incident. The Designated Survivor is some who is nominated to take over being the president if anything was to happen.

So far it has just been the new president trying to figure out how to handle the crisis of a potential terror attack. Still only watched the first episode though!
    Scope

• April2018mom
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @April2018mom
                                    How are you and your family? Which Aladdin, the new one with Will Smith? If so, then no I haven't seen it, have you? What are your thoughts on it if you have? Thank you. 
    Yes. And while some parts of the movie were hard to understand, overall I loved the film. I loved the colourful costumes they wore too. I watched the whole movie by myself. Then I saw it with the kids. 
  • April2018mom
    Haha thanks @Adrian_Scope! I'll let you know how I get on!
    Hi @April2018mom, do you mean the new one? I've seen it and thought it was great!
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
    Hi @WestHam06, it's about the president of America being killed in what appears to be a terror related incident. The Designated Survivor is some who is nominated to take over being the president if anything was to happen.

So far it has just been the new president trying to figure out how to handle the crisis of a potential terror attack. Still only watched the first episode though!
    Yes. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Sounds good, please may I ask who stars in it? Please let us know your thoughts on it as you progress through the season. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @April2018mom
                                     I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the film!
  • Chloe_Scope
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Sounds good, please may I ask who stars in it? Please let us know your thoughts on it as you progress through the season. Thank you. 
    Still not watched anymore but I'll let you know! :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    If I remember rightly it's Mr Jack Bauer, Kiefer Sutherland @WestHam06.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                    How are you? Thank you for sharing this with me :) Please may I ask do you think that Kiefer Sutherland plays a good part in Designated Survivor?  Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @WestHam06,
    I think he was quite believable in the role, even though I'd previously only ever known him for hunting down terrorists. Have you watched any yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • LittleME
    LittleME Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I've just discovered Game of Thrones.  It's never appealed to me before, but during lockdown I've managed to binge-watch almost the entire series now! 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not a fan of movies with violence in and I’m also not a fan of sex in movies - does this eliminate 90% of Game of Thrones for me?  :D Or, is there more to it than that?
  • LittleME
    LittleME Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Erm - I'm afraid so! There's not much sex after Season 2!  I know what you mean - i don't take much notice when people are killing each other, but I like the theatrics of it all, mainly.  I'm a big fan of history and it just fascinates me how people used to live!

• Adrian_Scope
    Yep, @LittleME is bang on the money here. There's not so much sex in the latter seasons, but the violence is pretty consistent all the way through. I suppose you could fast-forward through the gory parts, but there's a lot and it's also some of the most memorable stuff, so maybe not the best programme for you!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    LittleME said:
    I've just discovered Game of Thrones.  It's never appealed to me before, but during lockdown I've managed to binge-watch almost the entire series now! 
    I didn't think it was for me either @LittleME! I've now watched it all!

Scope

• WestHam06
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                    Thank you for sharing this with me. No, I haven't managed to watch it yet as I don't have anything like Netflix. Any recommendations as to how else I could watch it? Thank you. 

Brightness