Help with the site — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with the site

anisty
anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
I am still fairly new to the forum and am still working it out but i need help with a couple of things.

- how do i edit or delete a post i have posted?

- where is the forum index? The only way i can see the forums available is by selecting 'new discussion'

So i have only visited forums that pop up on recent posts!

I am on a mobile device but i have tried it on desktop and it still isnt obvious.

I couldnt find a technical support forum to post this question either so picked this as a best fit.

Hoping someone can help :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, Im no expert on getting around the site but the index of groups should show on the right of your screen (all groups) under quick links. I will tag someone who can help you hopefully @Adrian_Scope. You could also email helpline@scope.org.uk.

I dint know how to edit or delete a post sorry 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anisty!

if you are on a laptop or tablet then it should be on the right hand side underneath your profile picture. It will say 'all groups'.

If you are on your phone then it will be under your profile picture again, but this will be located near the bottom of the page.

You should be able to edit a post for an hour after it has been posted, this can be done by selecting the cog in the corner of the post.

If you would like a post deleting then please tag @Adrian_Scope or I and we will be able to do this for you. :)

If you ever are unsure you can email the community on community@scope.org.uk
    Scope

• anisty
    Thanks - the edit thing makes sense now. I knew i had managed it easily my first go and it must have been within the first hour.

I cant see the all groups thing. I am using samsung galaxy tablet and this is what i see:

• anisty
    Thanks - the edit thing makes sense now. I knew i had managed it easily my first go and it must have been within the first hour.

I cant see the all groups thing. I am using samsung galaxy tablet and this is what i see:

• anisty

Oh that is frustrating! A message popped up to say i cant upload files in this category. Will message you

• anisty
  • anisty
    @Chloe_Scope forget the pm i just found it!! My goodness though it is a lot of scrolling on this device. It is away down down down at the very bottom of the page.

I think i will bookmark your useful link instead!  Thanks for your help on this
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thank you for asking this @anisty and all your useful feedback. It's really useful to hear how members find navigating the site and ways we can improve. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anisty
    One other thing i havent worked out is how to find the posts of a member that might not have posted for a while.

When i started to type a name to tag someone the other day, another name came up that i recognised.

Im sure it wont be the person i know, and im only being nosey really (!) 

But is there a way i can bring up all that member's posts? 

Cheers
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure how to do that maybe one of the more experienced champions can help @Chloe_Scope @Adrian_Scope
  • anisty
    Cheers @janer1967. It's not urgent but thanks for tagging them for me :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @anisty,

You can find all a member's posts by accessing their profile. As an example, if you looked at janer1967's profile, you would scroll down all the way down to the bottom on a mobile device (it can take some time!) until you come to two headers that read 'Discussions' and 'Replies'. If you were doing this on our desktop site through a computer, the headers would be on the right hand side under janer1967's profile picture.

If you load up 'Discussions' this will show you all the threads janer1967 has created, whereas 'Replies' will show you all the comments janer1967 has made in response to threads.

Hopefully that's helped, but let me know if you need any more information.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anisty
    Hi @Aidrian_Scope. How do i find the person's profile?  I tried putting the name in the search bar but it didnt turn it up.

I cant find a members' name list and, as i mentioned in my post above, i cant find any posts by this person so i cant click on the name there.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anisty, you can find someone profile by clicking on their name when they comment on a post. 

Or if you search: https://community.scope.org.uk/profile/anisty you can then change it from your name to another member.

For example, to view my profile it would be: https://community.scope.org.uk/profile/Chloe_Scope

I hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• anisty
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope! I finally looked up this person and i dont know them at all! Just someone with the same name! Least that's the mystery answered :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Is there an issue with login at present? Every page I open I am logged out. I ask the site to remember me and have fireproofed it (I use DuckDuckGo as my browser) so I should never have to login even if I close the site down but I remain logged out for every new page I open.
    There seems to have been one or two issues with accounts being logged out this morning, but not to the extent you've mentioned. However, after trying to replicate it on DuckDuckGo and then on Safari, I seem to be having the same problem. Thanks for raising this.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness