Government Vulnerable List High Risk — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Government Vulnerable List High Risk

Bridget14
Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Afternoon All

I am in the vulnerable high risk and did not receive any letter.  Please if you are in the groups listed it is important you register.
I registered and have been contacted regarding delivery slots for shopping. It is important to keep safe and well during this outbreak and no one is sure of when it will end so look after yourself.  It is more for peace of mind knowing medication and shopping deliveries will be easier.

Too many people have and are falling through the net on list produced don't be one of them

Keep safe
Tagged:

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Thanks for the reminder @Bridget14 It's a great provision, but people need to know about it to benefit, you are right. <3

• skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    edited April 2020
    I have heard that many people are registering on the Gov.uk site  who do not fall into the vulnerability category. They see it as a short cut to getting a delivery slot.
    No idea how these people are going to weeded out.
    I too never got a letter but do fall into one of the categories as per the latest letter from my Respiratory Consultant a few weeks ago. Even so and being over 70 I am still fit enough to do most things..

Even if you do fall into the vulnerable group and were missed off the list but are able to be self sufficient you should in my opinion leave the slots for those that are worse than you are. 
    If you get the letter/are deemed by the NHS as seriously vulnerable then you are required to isolate for a minimum of 3 months. Not being assessed as such you can carry on with life within reason. I certainly don't want to be housebound for that length of time if I can help it - already done 2 weeks!
  • Bridget14
    Hello skullcap

When you register you have to give your NHS number and your GP is notified hopefully those trying to claim who are not eligible will be sieved out. There should be a penalty involved for people using the system just to short cut a delivery slot.

There are two lists vulnerable and high risk vulnerable. I am required even before registering to isolate for 3 months which more than likely be longer. The aim is to help take the pressure of the NHS due to fact that we are more likely to need medical intervention should we become ill. By isolating we are hopefully going not only to be more protected from Covid 19 but also the bed and treatment we would have needed will be given to someone else who has unfortunately caught Covid 19. 
    Naturally, there are no guarantees in life and we all are aware that health is something even though we try we cannot control and during this period we may for other reasons need to be admitted.
    With so many people placing their lives on the line my thinking is I am doing my little bit.
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Thanks @skullcap - for the additional info
  • skullcap
    Bridget14 said:
    Hello skullcap

When you register you have to give your NHS number and your GP is notified hopefully those trying to claim who are not eligible will be sieved out. There should be a penalty involved for people using the system just to short cut a delivery slot.

There are two lists vulnerable and high risk vulnerable. I am required even before registering to isolate for 3 months which more than likely be longer. The aim is to help take the pressure of the NHS due to fact that we are more likely to need medical intervention should we become ill. By isolating we are hopefully going not only to be more protected from Covid 19 but also the bed and treatment we would have needed will be given to someone else who has unfortunately caught Covid 19. 
    Naturally, there are no guarantees in life and we all are aware that health is something even though we try we cannot control and during this period we may for other reasons need to be admitted.
    With so many people placing their lives on the line my thinking is I am doing my little bit.
    Two lists? As far as I was aware there is just the one that is controlled by the NHS.
    My problems that would be affected by the virus is that I have been diagnosed with COPD, Asthma & Chronic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Now I would have thought that they would fall within the list but so far the NHS deems that they don't. I must be fitter than I thought I was and will not be required to self isolate. 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I,m in Scotland and have recieved a letter telling me I am on the list of people who are at risk of severe illness if I catch the virus . I have COPD , asthma ....
    Skullcap ....please do not put yourself at risk , you have somehow slipped through the net of serious illnesses which could make you really unwell if you catch the virus  . My wife and I have been in isolation for four weeks and we are now in our second month . We have been advised to isolate for another 12 weeks from last Thursday .? If it keeps us safe then fine ....please don,t take any chances Skullcap ...Good luck to everyone and may your God go with you ??
  • skullcap
    Seanchai said:
    I,m in Scotland and have recieved a letter telling me I am on the list of people who are at risk of severe illness if I catch the virus . I have COPD , asthma ....
    Skullcap ....please do not put yourself at risk , you have somehow slipped through the net of serious illnesses which could make you really unwell if you catch the virus  . My wife and I have been in isolation for four weeks and we are now in our second month . We have been advised to isolate for another 12 weeks from last Thursday .? If it keeps us safe then fine ....please don,t take any chances Skullcap ...Good luck to everyone and may your God go with you ??
    Thanks. The main problem we have is because we/I am not on the list we have to do our shopping like everyone else. Delivery slots are being restricted for those on the list.
    Don't mind really as there are others that are in a worse position.

Even this morning is an example. I was due to collect my monthly medication from the pharmacy. Arrived only to be told that the prescription had not been received from the GP. Went to the GP to find out what the problem was only to find that it is permanently closed due to the virus. 
    Went back to the pharmacy and was told that they will not give me a couple of days as a lot of it is on the controlled drug register.
    Can't get the medication I need and no idea of what to do - suffer in silence I suppose and wait until Monday to find out.
    How can you isolate if you have these challenges coming at you right left and centre.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Any serious illness needs to be confirmed or denied by GP's I expect and considering that my surgery is totally understaffed, underfunded and staffed with total incompetents from the top down it would be stupid of me to even try to bother with such a system. I have been merely surviving for 2 years and, despite numerous attempts, am still unfortunate enough to be around to be further mistreated by the NHS generally. I guess that soon I will be unable to get anything to eat or drink at all so may at last have a reasonable way out.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Bridget14
    Morning Topkitten

Regardless of GP staffing levels please register. Once registered the government has to check it out. 
    When I did not receive a letter I phoned my GP surgery as advised by gov.  website. Advised they had no input on list. 
    Your GP and/or any consultants may be contacted. 
    My problem like so many was the thought of not being able to go out for food. 
    I was not going to register despite knowing I qualified in more than 2 areas of the highest vulnerable category. 
    However when most shops started stating vulnerable and there were no other slots available I felt had no choice. 
    Once registered I was within a matter of days able to book delivery slot. It states you can do weekly shop. However, as there are so many people trying in desperation to be able to do online shop I shall be doing fortnightly. Would like it to be longer but we all need some fresh products in our diet. 
    Keep us updated. 
    Take care and keep safe 

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    The registration requirements have changed.

Initially the page said to register even if you not sure if you qualify, and you was not immediately disqualified  if you answered no the NHS list it didnt say you was disqualified, now that comment about if you not sure has been removed, and you answer no to the list question, you are told you not eligible.  Obviously answering yes is wrong if you dont that diagnosis, so they have tightened it up.

I had left a message with my gp surgery for them to ask my GP if he can get in me on this list with manual intervention, I dont care about free food deliveries, I just want to be able to reliably book food deliveries from supermarkets.  He then rang me earlier today saying after checking my history, and speaking to my older GP he will try to assist, but he did warn they may not accept his recommendation as I dont have one of the listed diagnosis, I do have suspected blood sickle disease, which "is" on the list, I asked him about that, he said the problem is I needed one more test to confirm it at the hospital which wont happen now.

Brightness