New PIP claim during covid-19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New PIP claim during covid-19

mumofthetwins
mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi guys my mum had a stroke last year and I have tried to get her to apply for PIP since them and eventually I called and we have sent off the forms last week. 
Aswell as the effects from the stroke she has massive anxiety .. hence taking so long to get her to agree to apply. She is so worried about having to go out to the assessment (she doesn't leave the home normally). I have seen they are suspending f2f appointments ... do you think she will have to wait for one (it's driving her mad) 
thanks 
lisa 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    They might use one of two options, a paper based assessment based on the information given and paperwork that backs that up, and or a telephone assessment. Or they might just wait until they can start f2f assessments again, when did she have the stroke last year?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Thanks Hun ... It was early last year but she just hasn't gotten any better and like I say she is so anxious it's took this long to try to convince her that she will be ok x 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I imagine this has been hard for you both. Unfortunately we can't predict how DWP will handle things at the moment. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.