Waiting to find out whether I have PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting to find out whether I have PIP

jayne2110
jayne2110 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm waiting to find out weather I've got pip r not rang them last Wednesday as I got 4 texts in 3mins about my assessment which I already had while on phone he told me that he can't tell me when I'll get my decision but has sent out a copy of the assessment report that day I received a letter not a report of assessment letter just said they have all info they need to make a decision 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jayne2110 - Welcome to the community , & thank you for joining. The 'they have all the info they need' letter is just a standard one sent out to every claimant. I hope you get a copy of your assessment report soon. You could try ringing again to make sure this has been posted. Delays of course may be due to the situation we're all in.
    Please let us know how you get on.  :)
  • jayne2110
    Hi the report came today no answer on weather I got it or not just the report the assessor wrote "recommends I get a face to face assessment in 18months and there was 9 points for standard living and 12 points for mobility 
    Do they take on all the assessor comments or do they decided what to take from assessment and do points themselves 
    I'm new to this and it's all very confusing.x
  • chiarieds
    Hi @jayne2110 - Pleased you got your assessment report. The DWP Decision maker usually goes along with this, so it looks like you'll get standard rate for daily living, & enhanced rate for mobility. I hope that's what you were expecting. Of course you'll still have to wait for the actual decision letter, but I hope you can relax a little for now.  :)
  • jayne2110
    @chiarieds thanks for your reply hopefully it comes and this is what I'm getting I'm still unsure about it as I've heard so many different things about pip 
  • chiarieds
    Please don't worry; you hear some negative things about PIP on forums, but rarely hear about peoples good experiences as they don't have anything to complain about. It is rare for the Decision Maker to disagree with the assessor, honestly. :)
  • dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    Can I just ask do you automatically get a copy of the assessment report or do you have to ring and request that,many thanks in advance? 
  • jayne2110
    Dynasty30 I was told to email them to request it to be sent once i got text that the pip had received it so I could go over it to check what had been put down.
  • jayne2110
    Had a letter today and I got pip standard living rate and enhanced mobility 
  • chiarieds
    Good news then @jayne2110 - Congratulations. I hope you can relax now. :)
  • jayne2110
    Yes thanks chiarieds it's great to get a good result x ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great @jayne2110! Really pleased for you. :)
    Scope

• dynasty30
    So happy for you always lovely getting good news ?
  • rbz
    rbz Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    jayne2110 said:
    "Had a letter today and I got pip standard living rate and enhanced mobility "

For how long? For18 months?

• sandyxxx
    sandyxxx Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi all I applied for pip on the 17 feb received a form to fill in 10 days later sent it back received a text 2 March to say they received it. I phoned last week as I haven’t heard nothing since to be told it has gone to the assessor he said I would either get a phone call or a letter or maybe the assessor would hand it back not sure what that means but it’s taking such a long time for them to let me know what’s going on 
  • dynasty30
    I’ve never contacted them other than to update,mines went in on 7th of February done the phone claim for the actual forms on the 14th of January was only notified too say they have received the claim,then out the blue I got a text to phone and arrange an assessment which takes place on the 11th May 
  • sandyxxx
    sandyxxx Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    They must be right behind with all the claims hope you are successful and get it all back dated. 
  • dynasty30
    I’m stressed out thinking about the assessment I’ve never applied for it before,and was quite debilitated a yr prior and I just thought I’m more or less housebound so I’m hoping they can see that.
    ive just come across better evidence but too late to send that in with my claim so they will base my decision on what they have which isn’t much,but will hold onto it incase I need a MR sad but I’m gearing up for that already 
  • jayne2110
  • jayne2110
    @dynasty30 I was same couldn't sleep nothing was online looking for help every day to prepare for it did an online assessment questionnaire so it gives idea of what they looking at
  • dynasty30
    Yes I’ve been scrolling the internet too,I also did the self assessment and purposely marked myself down and had still qualified but you just never know it could go either way 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.