This is what a HCP considers 'well groomed' and 'looks well'. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This is what a HCP considers 'well groomed' and 'looks well'.

Options
MangyWolf
MangyWolf Posts: 40 Connected
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
https://i.imgur.com/kTKNc1x.png

I haven't been to a barber / hairdressers in 16 years and maybe trim myself once at the start of spring just due to the heat for comfort. I always found getting my haircut by someone else distressing throughout my childhood and never have motivation to bother to do anything except for when it's too hot.

My appearance was exactly the same on the day of my assessment if not worse as this bus pass was issued a month prior and I hadn't done anything at all to my appearance before my assessment.

The HCP gave me a 100% perfect (fully made up) 'MSE and MSO' (mental state examination and musculoskeletal overview) and stated I was not only well groomed and appeared well, but excitedly got up and down off my chair multiple times to show her all the things I can do!

Yes because I sure do look that happy and look like I interact with people in such a manner on a daily basis (pretty sure I'd have a life sentence in jail for harassment by now if I even actually spoke to anyone).

Also the woman who was lovely enough to give me such an assessment is a Paramedic and currently working hard during the pandemic, everyone clap for her! (I have found her on Facebook, and her wall is littered with mental health supportive ****, hmmm if only people knew ...). If my appeal is successful which it should be I might make a YouTube video exposing her because I am like that and don't care if I end up in jail again (two previous arrests because the thing in that bus pass pass photo had too many meltdowns and endlessly shouts at people).

Comments

• NannySue
    NannySue Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    I find the tone of your post quite disturbing, I am quite new on here and I am sure that your comments about a HCP and serving Parademic will not be appreciated as the people on here only want to be supportive and help!! This is not the time or place for your comments!!
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @MangyWolf I don't think I've ever read a post on here that says the HCP said they were scruffy and untidy. I expect if they started describing people that way there would be a lot of complaints. 
  • MangyWolf
    MangyWolf Posts: 40 Connected
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Cressida said:
    @MangyWolf I don't think I've ever read a post on here that says the HCP said they were scruffy and untidy. I expect if they started describing people that way there would be a lot of complaints. 
    False.

My previous assessments said that I had communication issues and unkempt (evidence for being unable to mix with others), and had strong body odour (evidence for not being able to wash / bathe), therefore evidence supports lack of motivation and depression.

All they need to write is the word 'unkempt', not 'scruffy'. Untidy is also fine.

Look up what a 'Mental State Examination' is. Negative = Points, positive = no points.

No one is going to write about negative factors because that is what gets you the points to be awarded benefits! They use positive and 'everything is fine' descriptors 'so therefore evidence suggests 0 points'.

Maybe you and everyone else needs to be made aware about this and learn what it actually means!

Recently I actually had to ask GPs to write an HONEST mental state examination saying 'ungroomed, unkempt, distressed' because that is exactly what I was. It doesn't help anyone when people like you and the other person above you are completely naive to what these tests actually mean and how they use them to stop people's benefits!

NannySue said:
    I find the tone of your post quite disturbing, I am quite new on here and I am sure that your comments about a HCP and serving Parademic will not be appreciated as the people on here only want to be supportive and help!! This is not the time or place for your comments!!

Explain how  it is supportive or helpful when HCPs lie about such things to make sure claimants get given 0 points? Also as mentioned above, google search what a 'Mental State Examination' actually is. This would be the same thing as saying someone with cancer doesnt have cancer because they were happy in their assessment!
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @MangyWolf this is my only response as you are now on ignore. The statement I made is true as I have never read that description on here.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MangyWolf - Please read our Community Guidelines, which say:

Keep it friendly

Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

Keep it safe

Do not present opinions as facts

• NannySue
    NannySue Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Thank you Chiarieds
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome @NannySue - sorry I didn't see this post straightaway. I've already asked him to 'Not present opinions as facts' earlier this afternoon. I have reported this post.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    @MangyWolf, your comments regarding your assessor are in breach of our community guidelines and we are not comfortable with what you have written. We would strongly recommend that you do take no further action in relation to your assessor.

Please also take the time to read our community guidelines @chiarieds has linked above (here for your convenience) and be mindful of how you speak to and about others members.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.