PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Question about assessors

Chris_D_ClarkeChris_D_Clarke Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Sorry for troubling people with this but really do need to know...are pip assessors allowed to give a false name and to assess people who live close proximity to them 

Replies

• CressidaCressida Member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I'd be very surprised if they were. Why would anyone want to do that?
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,105 Disability Gamechanger
    If you went to an assessment and the assessor was someone you know then you would be within your rights to ask for another appointment with a different assessor.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,281 Disability Gamechanger
    I cannot comment on the false name question beyond observing that in some contexts that’s an acceptable practise. It seems unlikely though when their very credibility is built upon you being given their correct name on the report. If you have a name and day job role then you’ve the basis for checking any appropriate registrations although I tend towards the view that it’s a waste of time in anything other than the most extreme examples of poor reporting. 

However, there’s nothing to prevent a HCP assessing someone in their own neighbourhood to the best of my knowledge other than... 

Logic says it would not be desirable and the potential for conflict and conflicts of interest would presumably mean both the HCP and the claimant could reasonably object. 
  • atlas47atlas47 Member Posts: 158 Pioneering
    Hi @Chris_D_Clarke

A very warm welcome.

You should think about ringing the PIP helpline and requesting a copy of the assessment report. Then you will be better informed about the outcome of the. Assessment.

All HCP professionals have to belong to a Regulatory Body and follow strict codes of conduct.

They cannot give a false name to anyone, whilst acting in a professional capacity.

There is no relevance to the distance, the assessor resides to you.

Please let us know, if we can assist further.

Best wishes
Sign in or join us to comment.