PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

MR very curious

dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
Can I please ask,say for instance one is awarded 0 points on both components,and they request an MR I presume it’s a new form you fill out,do you answer it in the same way you have answered your original pip form,and also do you send in all the supporting evidence or just the newer stuff ( as they have evidence already) or do you resend it all again thank you.
just want to be prepared 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Nope. You can do an MR in whatever format you see fit. In law there’s no such thing as an MR it’s just a fancy dressed up name for what’s usually known as an any grounds review. Provided you make contact within a month of the date if the decision they’ve no choice but to look again. 

You can write in and say you didn’t like the ink they used and they’d still have to look at it again. There is however an official form you could use at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp abd it’s as good and simple as anything out there. 

You do not need to send in new evidence but you definitely don’t have to send in anything they already have.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,022 Disability Gamechanger
    You can also point out where you didn't score points but think you should have and why. You have to do an MR before you can appeal.
    I will now only offer benefits advice on PIP, and specific benefits advice for other people with Epilepsy. 
  • dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Thank you kindly both for the information,I was curious as I’ve heard so many cases of people having to go through this.
    my telephone assessment is on Monday so was just keeping myself in the loop incase the need arises 😊
Sign in or join us to comment.