Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Confirm previous earnings Universal Credit

SystemSystem Posts: 574

Scope community team

edited May 2020 in Universal Credit
This discussion was created from comments split from: Confirm previous earnings from work - For Universal Credit.

Replies

• Digby1Digby1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi great resource thanks:) I have received a new question from the UC online portal - 'In the 12 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were you living with a partner? ' and
    'In the 12 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were the total earnings of you and your partner less than £430 per month at any time?'  This would be 'yes' and 'no' in my case, BUT it was outside the UK and she lives abroad permanently. Will my answers affect my UC benefit amount - it is just the basic income with no added benefit for housing etc?

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Digby1 - & welcome to the community. Are you claiming as a couple? It's just that, if so, you both have to meet the eligibility criteria, one of which is you have to live in the UK. You could try ringing the UC helpline: Telephone 0800 328 5644 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm to explain & get this sorted. A member of the Scope team may also be able to advise. :)
  • Digby1Digby1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Digby1 - & welcome to the community. Are you claiming as a couple? It's just that, if so, you both have to meet the eligibility criteria, one of which is you have to live in the UK. You could try ringing the UC helpline: Telephone 0800 328 5644 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm to explain & get this sorted. A member of the Scope team may also be able to advise. :)

Thanks for this...no not claiming as a couple - just me as my partner lives independently abroad and doesn't hold British citizenship. I have already raised it with UC using their portal - cheers:)
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Digby1, just wanted to check in to see how things were going. :)
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.