The past attitudes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The past attitudes

Harp
Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
At 8 years old I went to away to a boarding school which was a special school for those with a speech and language problems in the 80s. 

Back then disabilities wasn't seen in the public.

Unfortunately recently I stop talked my to my parents as their attitudes towards me are stuck in the past.

I have tried talking to them and even suggestions mediation to have a fair platform for all but they didn't want that.

Yes it hurts but I figured my mental health have improved slightly since stop talking to my parents.

Have anyone else been through a similar thing and got any suggestions to help please?
https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harp how are you today? Do you have any other family (brothers/sisters etc) who could step into help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi @woodbine

I am not too bad thanks, how are you?

I have 3 brothers & 1 sister but we never been a close knit family which I do wonder why.

I don't talk to my eldest bro cus his wife talks down to me and talk to me through someone else, she also teased me about my speech. I don't speak to my sister cus for her 2nd marriage she wanted me as bridesmaid until  she asked the sister in law I didn't like to be a bridesmaid to look after me. Not talked to my sister again.

My other 2 bothers don't keep in touch thou but I did try telling one how I was getting treated by parents . He said that's not happening.

I know my mum talked behind my back to the other and don't give the right info cus I caught her doing it a few times.

So no I haven't got no one else to help
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

Brightness