Tried everything to alleviate pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tried everything to alleviate pain

Valerie372001
Valerie372001 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been in physical pain 24/7 and I have tried everything to alleviate the pain.  I have prayed to god over and over to take this pain away.  Nothing helps.  I just want the good lord to take me peacefully and live like dust in the wind for eternity.  It's hopeless!!!   I wake up in agony and then I'm in physical agony all day and in the evening as well.  I've been living this nightmare with chronic headaches/back pain since 2005 and since last June I've had excruciating kidney stone pain even though it passed last August.  People basically tell me to accept the pain.  I can't especially when I'm living with an excruciating stabbing pain where my kidney stone was removed.  I've had several tests blood work and the Drs can't find anything.  They look at me like I'm crazy!  

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Valerie372001 - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're in so much pain & with chronic headaches. Chronic pain can be difficult to cope with, as many people here find. We share resources that some of us have found helpful, which I'll add in case something might help you. Please see: https://ppa.csp.org.uk/content/links
    There's also a relaxation exercise that helps with stress & pain, & something I've used for a long time. See: https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/therapies/abdominal-breathing.pdf
    I'm sorry your Drs have been unable to help so far. With chronic pain it often seems to be the case that more than one technique to reduce pain levels is needed, & it can take some practice. I use gentle exercise, the breathing technique above & distraction mainly, but we're all different. I hope your pain eases a little, & hope you keep in touch to let us know how you get on, thank you. :)

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Valerie372001 and welcome to the community.
    Being in so much pain sounds horrendous. I'm so sorry you're having to live with so much pain. I'm going to tag in @ClaireSaul, our chronic pain adviser, in case she has any suggestions for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Valerie372001, how are you doing today? Things sound like they have been really tough!
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I can emapthise with kidney stone pain having had them 3 times, as for more general pain have you asked your GP to refer you to the local pain clinic they can be of great help, as for headaches have you ever seen a neurologist?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Valerie372001 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear you are in so much pain and can appreciate how difficult and upsetting this is for you.  I do suffer from some pain myself in my hip and legs so can understand what you are going through although your pain does sound much more severe than mine.  You have been given very good links by @chiareds so I would encourage you to look into them for some guidance and hopefully @ClaireSaul will be able to help you also.  I hope you get some relief from this awful pain soon.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness