Eurovision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eurovision

Options
Ails
Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
Hi Everyone,
I've always loved the Eurovision Song Contest since I was a wee girl and gutted it's been cancelled this year, but quite understandably so under the circumstances.  Although the BBC are still showing programmes about it tonight and fanatics like me will still get the chance to see and hear the music.  I just wondered if anyone else was a geek like me and enjoys Eurovision?  Also what is your favourite act and song from the contest?  Mine's has to be Abba's "Waterloo" as I love Abba and it is a great song!  Anyway, I would be interested to hear your thoughts.  Happy Eurovision!    <3:smiley:
Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite UK entry has to be Bucks Fizz, remember seeing them win sat in the pub.

here's a question for you: what was unusual about Lulu's win in 1968 (Boom bang a bang) ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ails
    Options
    Thanks for your comments @woodbine.  Yes, the Bucks Fizz entry was great with Making Your Mind Up!

I'm sorry you got me stuck on that one!  What was unusual about Lulu's win?  :smile:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There were four winners that year !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ails
    Options
    Oh I see, I didn't know that!  I take it that it was a draw between the 4 of them then?  You learn something new every day!  :smiley:

Brightness