Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

kass
kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
Hi all
My PIP ended the 23rd april 2020 I have heard there are being extended due to Covid-19 for 3 months to help people in financial support mine stoped completely....I had my face to face in March but the decision maker didnt do the decision till april this year should i have had my PIP extended or it it wright can DWP stop it 

Thx

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Because your assessment was already being processed then it is correct that it can stop if the new decision meant losing the award.  Awards were only extended where they had not reached reassessment stage.  You can now apply for a Mandatory Reconsideration.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @kass. Unfortunately as the decision based on your assessment was for no award, there isn't an extension for this. I've seen on another post you've put in a mandatory reconsideration so best of luck with that. Please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.