Hope everyone is coping ok in lockdown? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hope everyone is coping ok in lockdown?

Lauren95
Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
Hiya everyone hope everyone is alright in lockdown? 
I just wanted to check on everyone? 

Comments

• Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
    Thanks for asking  - my big sister spirited off to her and her partner's place in Margate for the duration. I'm here now.... I'd really pprefer being back in London but....
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren95 doing better now the suns reappeared lovely sunny warm day here, makes it all seem more bearable, how are you doing today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hey @Lauren95 I have been going out everyday and doing more of my exercise indoors, other than that I am just doing some studying and have taken up drawing again. It looks like the virus figures are going down, lets hope in the next few months things will more or less be back to normal.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    We are doing okay too.
    Other than a couple of doctor appointments scheduled for later on this week/early next week I have no other plans. Good weather here too. I started teaching my kids to plant things as well, we have now planted a pumpkin seed in a empty old flower pot that I found in a cupboard and it is sitting out on the balcony. Very productive day today. 
    My sister also finally got her test results back. She passed both of her literacy and numeracy assessments the first time round. In other words, life is good right now. About to apply for DLA for the baby tonight. I have a copy of the application forms to fill but cannot find any motivation however. Wish me good luck. How are we all coping this week? Any plans for this week or not?

Tomorrow we will have a barbecue dinner party if the weather is good. Not sure what to cook apart from fruit salad. Recipes wanted thanks in advance. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren95 and thanks for your kind words and interest.  I'm doing not too bad, thanks.  Mixed weather for us today here up in Scotland, but hopefully will get some more sun back tomorrow.  Keeping busy, thanks, with being on here, making my cards which I enjoy doing, reading and doing some Tai Chi at home.  The TV keeps me going too.  I hope you are keeping safe and well and are finding things to keep you busy too.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Hi @Lauren95 I'm okay, thanks, and the warm weather is lovely.  How are you? While you are here [so to speak]  can I just  tell you about something else you might interest you.  Birmingham University are doing a study about females from birth to death who suffer from CP only.   They also have a forum called 'Internal'  but to be on it you must have cp, be female and over 21.  There is a Doctor who runs this and she herself has cp. Because it is a 'closed' forum you can say whatever you want to, and not feel that you have to which everything you say. If I could you a tip.  Should you go to anywhere that holding meetings for disabled or carers you have to be so careful about what you say! i'm a trustee at another disabled charity and we hold different kinds of meetings. The people who attend haven't always been disabled like us so see things from a different way to us and sometimes I cringe at what is said although everyone has they're own opinion.  But  this forum is heaven sent.  Everyone can just say whatever they wish and when you're older like me it's really feels so good!   By the way, you can say anything here at Scope to 100%  

Please keep in touch.  Take care.  Denise11

• Lauren95
    Hello everyone so glad to hear your all coping well in lockdown I would reply individually but I haven’t got time today as doing shopping for my grandparents and a elderly family friend, Tuesday  is shopping and delivery day ? but thank you all so  much for the replies there are lovely and make sure you keep yourself safe. And make sure you all keep in touch with each other. We are all in this together your all doing amazing.and we will all get though this together. Will post again soon and if you want to post anything I will reply. Keep safe everyone and look out for the people that need us most. 
    Thinking of you all  ??
  • mia97
    mia97 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Hi everyone!

Hope you are well and having a good day!

The time which we are experiencing lately, is odd and definitely has its disadvantages but also I enrage you to use this time to its full potential. Remember that when the UK goes back to normal (all be it a new type of 'normal'), it is very unlikely that we will have this spare time again to spend with our families and the time to enjoy our other hobbies.

Also it is okay that some days may not be as productive as others, try not to measure your productivity levels with others, I have found that this can become exhausting and create a lot of unnecessary pressure on you. As long as you and your loved ones are safe, have fun and enjoy lockdown.

Stay in contact with your friends and family, as much as you can, check that they are okay! Everyone needs to work together and we will get through this. Remember everyone is in the same boat and we all understand. Be kind as you never know truly what someone else is going through.

??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A lovely idea for a thread @Lauren95. I hope you're doing okay yourself. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lauren95
    Hiya Adrian thank you very much jaut wanted to check on everyone ?

Brightness