Worrying about PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worrying about PIP

BexM1981
BexM1981 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone 
Just a insomnia riddled woman worrying about pip as usual up and thinking about it like every night will be until I get that backpay well here’s hoping anyway
love to all and thank you for having me 

Comments

• AvsNutWhalley
    AvsNutWhalley Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @BexM1981. I hope things improve. All I can say is no matter how hard it is now, things will get better. Believe this.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BexM1981, really sorry to hear this is causing so much worry. Is insomnia something you have struggled with before? 

I really hope it is quickly resolved. :) 
    Scope

• BexM1981
    Yes insomnia is pretty constant as i always have something to worry about weather it’s pip or my child ( waiting for school to go back and her to have adhd assessments) or covid19 I never seem to sleep more than 4 hours a night 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BexM1981 have you spoke to your GP about your insomnia? sometimes a short course of sleeping tablets can help get you back into better sleep, there are of course some over the counter ones you can buy.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BexM1981
    yes I have been on amitriptyline for 10+ years and b4 covid was talking with dr about something diff (As they are more and more less effective  getting me to sleep then waking 2 hrs after then not sleeping until 6am) 
    but all on hold till drs are back to normal  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BexM1981, I too take amitriptyline to help me sleep, sorry to hear it has no longer been helping.

GP's are now doing appointments over the phone or video chat, if you felt talking to your GP would help then they should still be able to offer prescriptions.

Please do let us know how you get on. :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.