Still waiting on tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting on tribunal

Options
naz786
naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
Hi still waiting on tribunal its been 13 weeks now getting really fustrated now

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi how are you today? enjoying the nice weather? 13 weeks isn't that long to be honest many people wait a lot longer, it may well be due to current circumstances that it will be done by phone at some point.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @naz786, I imagine it is frustrating, especially given the current circumstances. I hope you don't have to wait much longer. Like @woodbine has said, it will be done over the phone while distancing measures are in place.
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi as said above 13 weeks really isn't a long wait in view that even before the lockdown people were waiting in excess of a year to go to tribunal.

Frustrating as it may be they are also dealing with lots new benefits claims and appeals all on reduced staff

• DrMeredithGrey
    DrMeredithGrey Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    When choosing to take your case to Tribunal you are advised that the waiting period for a date for a hearing could take up to a year, due to how many cases need to be heard. I received my tribunal hearing date 78 weeks (18 months) after I first applied to take my case to tribunal. While I sympathise that the wait may be frustrating for yourself, there's nothing you can do to 'jump the line' so to speak. You just have to be patient and wait as many others have done too. Hope your date does come through sooner rather than later though.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @DrMeredithGrey yes ours took 1 year 2 weeks
  • DrMeredithGrey
    DrMeredithGrey Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    @Lulu_1949 It is a long wait for sure, however I do sympathise with the Tribunal Court simply based on how many cases they must have to get through. It is a long time to wait, but I think most people tend to forget that even in other courts, waiting periods for trial dates can be a long wait, unless a case has exceptional circumstances amd requires priority. I tend to think the same goes with Tribunal Court. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.