Am I allowed to reapply for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I allowed to reapply for PIP?

Options
Dowrie6glasgow
Dowrie6glasgow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a range of age related illnesses, Angina , arthritis, and had a triple by pass in 2007. At present stating to fall, mainly backwards and mainly at night, latest 4 falls in one night last week. Been to GP and being investigated.
I have bi polar ii and anxiety conditions, which are unpredictable in nature but can lead upto a depressed week + in bed.and no contact with people and paranoid ideas about everything loaded with verbal aggression if I feel uderattack with people when my ideas being thwarted. I have in the past threatened them with harm for no reason.
I was awarded full DLA in 2011 then had to apply  for PIP in 2018 which I was given 2 points for hearing aids. On the assessment when I explained I seldom ate when depressed, the assessor replied " you're not exactly skinny" and seemed to be ill equipped to assess anything remotely concerned or knowledgeable about psychiatric conditions or side effects of medication.
Whilst on DLA I was able to stop paid work and instead do 2 days voluntary and attend support groups. Since having to go back to work my physical and mental conditions have worsened.
Sorry for being long winded. Am I allowed to re apply for PIP or any other assistance

Comments

• Dowrie6glasgow
    Options
    Ps I am 63 in seprember
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    I have a range of age related illnesses, Angina , arthritis, and had a triple by pass in 2007. At present stating to fall, mainly backwards and mainly at night, latest 4 falls in one night last week. Been to GP and being investigated.
    I have bi polar ii and anxiety conditions, which are unpredictable in nature but can lead upto a depressed week + in bed.and no contact with people and paranoid ideas about everything loaded with verbal aggression if I feel uderattack with people when my ideas being thwarted. I have in the past threatened them with harm for no reason.
    I was awarded full DLA in 2011 then had to apply  for PIP in 2018 which I was given 2 points for hearing aids. On the assessment when I explained I seldom ate when depressed, the assessor replied " you're not exactly skinny" and seemed to be ill equipped to assess anything remotely concerned or knowledgeable about psychiatric conditions or side effects of medication.
    Whilst on DLA I was able to stop paid work and instead do 2 days voluntary and attend support groups. Since having to go back to work my physical and mental conditions have worsened.
    Sorry for being long winded. Am I allowed to re apply for PIP or any other assistance
    hi, welcome, sorry to hear of your situation. someone will post a response soon, take care :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dowrie6glasgow Welcome to the community its great to have you on board

In answer to your question yes you can re-apply for PIP.
    I would have a good look a the descriptors and see if you think you should score points against them before you decide to claim also get some medical evidence prepared.

To apply just ring and start the application process though there are long delays at present time
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dowrie6glasgow how are you today? Yes you can re-apply for PIP, but remember its different to DLA and is totally about how your conditions affect your day to day life, it does help if you have supporting evidence e.g letters from consultants, have a good look round the internet for PIP descriptors and see how they fit into your problems, that will give you a good idea about how to complete the forms, give as much detail as possible and examples.
    This may help:
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dowrie6glasgow
    Options
    Thank you folks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have any other questions @Dowrie6glasgow then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.