Board Games — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Board Games

m_burrell82
m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Normal times I go to groups in pubs, like The Selkirk in Tooting to play Board Games. We don't know yet when they will bring back pubs. Then would they allow us to play Board Games, right up to people and where you can't wear masks cos you are drinking, sometimes eating. The games at the pubs often times more difficult than ones we get to play at our drop ins. Since I lost where I used to have a list of my games. Lets try to do it here. Maybe in better times folk can come to my place or something:

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, Empire, , Milliionaire; Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Ticket to Ride: European. King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain, Exploding Kittens, new Cluedo, London Board Game, Great Game of Britain, Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon, Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original; Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here;Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion; Rock Angelz

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hi @m_burrell82

That is a really nice list of games, I have to admit I haven't played that many on your list! I am a big fan of Mouse Trap if you have ever played that.

One thing I was going to suggest is have a look at this thread in the meantime, it has some board games you can play with friends, against the computer or people that are waiting to play.

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/70234/online-board-games

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Monopoly is my favourite. I went to a board games cafe/bar about a year ago where they have about 2,000 different games which you can play while you eat and drink. That was fun. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Are you a fan of Monopoly Cheaters Edition @m_burrell82? I found the cheats a bit too restrictive, if I'm honest! :lol:
    I've never learnt how to play backgammon @Username_removed but chess is a favourite in our house. It's about the only game I can play with the kids and still reliably win at.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • m_burrell82
    well, made it a little different. Whether I should say this funny story here, but in a Munch with Dominant women. (Well there are all kinds of Munches, normal times, a Beard Munch, a Mac and Cheese Munch, for instant). The Munch I took it too, though, we played it and the ladies went over the amount of cheats you should have in the game. In keeping with that Munch though, us guys didn't think we could say anything. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Monopoly is also a firm favourite in this house! We have far too many additions... 
    • Game of Thrones
    • Disney
    • Electric
    • Star Wars
    • Stranger Things
    But I do like Labyrinth, it was something we always played at my Aunts house. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    A few of my favourites

Game of life, trivial pursuit, monopoly, Pictionary, 
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Just out of interest, I remember monopoly has had many different editions based on films, I bet they are collectors items now. Does anyone have any?
  • m_burrell82

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, Empire, , Milliionaire; Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Ticket to Ride: European, London; King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain, Exploding Kittens, new Cluedo, London Board Game, Great Game of Britain, Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon, Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original; Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here;Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion; Rock Angelz

Note: I've added the London version of Ticket to Ride. I'm still could do with that other House Hold in my Bubble.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, I don’t have the brains of chess lol I used to love playing Frustration, Kerr plunk, Connect 4 a different type of games I know lol but I loved playing these when I was young. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Frustration is, unsurprisingly, one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. :angry: It's basically banned in our house. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Hahaha oh I loved it ??
  • m_burrell82
    update of my games again:

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, Empire, , Milliionaire; Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Ticket to Ride: European. King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain, Exploding Kittens (including Imploding Kittens expansion); new Cluedo; London Board Game, Great Game of Britain, Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon, Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original; Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here;Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion; Rock Angelz
  • m_burrell82
    What did I forget:

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, Empire, , Milliionaire; Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Ticket to Ride,: European.London; King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain, Exploding Kittens (including Imploding Kittens expansion); new Cluedo; London Board Game, Great Game of Britain, Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon, Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original; Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here;Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion; Rock Angelz

• LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    @m_burrell82 I'm a fan of Cards Against Humanity if you've ever played that? Exploding kittens? I haven't made these up ?
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • m_burrell82
    I think I've played Cards Against Humanity both at a Munch I mentioned about above as well as Board Games meetings, as well as Exploding Kittens as well as at least this Expansion. I also played a game called Kittens in a Blender at a Board Game meeting, so poor kittens.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    @m_burrell82
    Yes poor kittens indeed!

I've played Cards Against Humanity a few times, it's not so much a board game but it's still great fun :) 
  • m_burrell82
    America calls these games Table Top Games which better covers all the games we play at our meetups and in those cafes.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Today has been cooler and rainy... perfect board game weather!
    Scope

• m_burrell82
    @Chloe_Scope   How shall we get folk together? I'd be happy giving out my address, email address, telephone numbers etc. & who knows how many households one is bubbling,  and how many households folk belong to and so on.
  • m_burrell82
    edited July 2020
    Just seeing folk can see one of my email addresses on my profile anyway. Also one I opened recently that is much less used is [removed by moderator] and if any one wants to talk to me on hangouts, that is [removed by moderator]

Brightness