PIP HELP / ADVICE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP / ADVICE

charlotte441
charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
If my claim runs out on 10th March 2021. when should I receive a letter?

also can someone please send me the link so I can view the renewal letter. 

Thank you ? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    That would be September 2020, unless your award was made by a tribunal then it will be early January 2021.
    The renewal forms are shorter than applications for the first time, for some reason I cant find an example online, did you keep a copy of your last application? 

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• charlotte441
    charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    @woodbine someone said then September / October time. I haven’t kept a copy which is terrible. can I request a PIP2 letter? so I no what’s on it? it was 3 years ago though. would they still have it on record. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlotte441 they should have, phone them tomorrow (8 a.m. is best before they get busy), it might well be that due to a possible backlog caused by the current situation that reviews won't always take place as they should (i.e 6 months before) your award could be extended. You could start now doing some research into PIP and the descriptors and where you fit into them etc.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.