PLEASE HELP ME WITH UC 50 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH UC 50

Options
SpiritualOcean65
SpiritualOcean65 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello guys and girls,

its that time again for capability for work questionnaire, already I am having huge amounts of Anxiety, I suffer from depression and social anxiety,
plus I have spinal cirrhosis, arthritis in back and knees, I use crutches to get about my day, I also suffer from sleep Aprea, and fibromyalgia,
and since I have most of my thyroid removed back in sept 2017, my weight out of control, where now I am morbidly obese, and waiting for a gastric bypass, but due to the coronavirus everything stopped. and don't know when I will get a letter from Ashford and st peters.   I will ring them to find out on wed. I feel stuck. I am on beta blockers and medication for depression and anxiety, my sister always helps me, I sleep a lot due to the drugs the doctor gives me, but part of my depression, every day I am in pain due to my fibromyalgia. I had a walk in shower fitted in oct last year, so I could keep clean, which has helped, but some days is to much and I will leave it as long as I can before having a shower. 
and one more thing my ears ring 24/7 jaw pain which someone said its part of fibromyalgia and goes hand in hand, pain in both legs and numbness I cant even cut my toe nails because of the pain in my back, and when I bend down I feel dizzy, which doc has given me medication for, sorry to go on, but I leave on my own, my sister does pop in to make sure I am ok, and makes or brings dinner for me, or takes me out for some fresh air, sitting in her car, or do some shopping, but we find a time now when there is not many people around. or if I don't want to go out I do a Iceland shop. can anyone help me please xxxx 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, is it the questionable you would like help filling in?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • SpiritualOcean65
    Options
    yes sweetie not very good at doing forms etc. my head is so fuzzy most of the time, am just sitting here and only just remembered I needed my blood works done at 11am. which I've missed now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SpiritualOcean65 Welcome to the community, could your sister help you fill out the form.

You need to put as much detail as possible giving examples of how your condition affects your ability to complete the tasks 

You give a very good account above of how you are affected so something similar would be a good start

Good luck and keep us informed or if there are any specific questions we can help you with
  • SpiritualOcean65
    Options
    thank you sweetie, yes I have been writing notes, I get so scared crying writing to you, I have asked my sister, she will be up Thursday, in the meantime I have letter etc regarding my consultants and if they want to know more they can contact my GP

thanks for your help x 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SpiritualOcean65

The onus is on you to provide the information.  It isnt very often they will try and get further info from your GP so I wouldn't rely on that happening .
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a good idea to make notes before attempting to fill in the forms it helps you to get organised, theres a lot of information out there on the internet but if there are any of the questions we can help with just ask on here.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.