Break ups in lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Break ups in lockdown

I suffer with borderline personality disorder so my emotions are generally heightened. 

I’ve just broken up with my boyfriend and I’m gutted. I never expected to get in to a relationship with someone at the time I met him and we started off as good friends and it just evolved in to a relationship. He turned in to a really important support system in my life and now he’s completely been cut out. 

I can’t do the things I would usually do to get my mind of things due to lockdown. It’s really hard, I know times a healer but break ups never get easier. Really struggling to sleep or do anything. 

I was wondering if anyone else is going through a break up during lockdown and what they’re doing to cope. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jessica9876 Welcome to the community, great you have joined us here.

I am sorry to hear about your relationship breakdown it is hard at anytime but guess with lockdown it is harder to take your mind off it.

I have had lots of breakdowns in my life 3 marriages to be exact but not in lockdown, as they say time is a great healer b ut that doesn't help in the present.

Do you have any friends you can talk to. Try and think of new things to do and focus on yourself. What type of things do you like doing

We are always here for a chat  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jessica9876, sorry this hear this. Do you have support around you at the moment?

If there is anything we can do to help then please do be in touch.
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @jessica9876 sorry to hear this, hope it gets easier for you soon.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness