Anyone else desperate to get s hair cut? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else desperate to get s hair cut?

LizWallace66
LizWallace66 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Really need good hair cut to try feel normal is again. Not an essential service but if shops can reopen from next week why can't hairdressers as long as follow Covid guidelines 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LizWallace66

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes it has been real tough over the past few months but we are still not out of the woods as yet.

@steve51
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Evening @LizWallace66, hope you are doing ok? I'm ok OH gave me a number 1 cut last week but she is desperate for her hairdresser to start coming again she was due to have it cut and coloured the day after lockdown started !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Me: ? mine becoming unmanageable. I usual have quite short so it easy to take of. But was due a cut right at the begining. It didnt happen so it been 6months. Not a fan of long hair. Looks like a birds nest right now. My hairdresser going to come begging of july thankfully. Do understand the reasons  why. But at the same time some of us disabled would consider it essential. It not always about style.
    Mine normaly comes same week as the pediatrist who does  me toes. Guess he not essential either. He got canceled. As did dental appointement.

It it job we were told not to go out probably look a sight.??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Same as @woodbine, my partner has been shaving my head for the last few months. 

At least we're all in a similar position with dodgy hair! I imagine once hairdressers and barbers re-open they are going to be inundated.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    hI @LizWallace66 Welcome to the community, I am desperate for my hair cutting not had it done since December. I have even considered getting the graders on it and shaving it all off, but hopefully July will see them opening.

I can see why they cant open as yet they need to work closely to you and would have to wipe all the surfaces between each client/

My podiatrist has started to come and do home visits again wearing PPE as her governing body said they were allowed to resume

My hair might be long enough to have extensions fitted by time its all over
  • LizWallace66
    Easy for blokes 
  • LizWallace66
  • LizWallace66
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    A couple of weeks ago, I went on my hairdresser`s website...she was taking names for when they re-open.
    I have an appointment!!!!  28th July.

It`s a bushy mop!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    My fringe is no longer a fringe! I also don't want to attempt trimming it.  :D 
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    What you all need is some hair clippers! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness