Going from I.R to C.B...ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going from I.R to C.B...ESA

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
I receive ESA cont.based with an income related top up, following my dad's death and his will going through probate we are about to inherit some money which will mean we will have too much for income based ESA, has anyone any experience of going from IR to CB? it looks like a minefield, even the decision makers guide is as clear as mud, any help gratefully received thanks.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,292 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine Hi I just wanted to say so sorry to hear about your dad’s passing, I’m sorry I don’t no about the ? your asking but I’m sure someone will take care. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @woodbine. This should be a very simple case of them stopping your income-related top up and you'd continue on just contribution based ESA. It shouldn't switch you to NS ESA or be any more complicated than that.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine Not usual you asking the questions used to you answering them.

Hopefully Adrian has given you then info you need, sorry to hear about your dad 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.