Directions notice pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Directions notice pip

paulb123
paulb123 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi I have just received a letter from pip the judge has made a provisional  decision to award me daily living giving me 8 points I currently had 6 it says thy av give the dwp 28 days to agree does this mean I have a good chance of getting it thank u

Comments

• paulb123
  • darrylg94
    darrylg94 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi @paulb123 I've had same. I'm now 4 weeks last the 28 days to respond. Dwp didn't respond but I didn't expect them too. Are you still awaiting further info from the courts? Cause I've had nothing as yet
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good new for you both, and hopefully you will hear something more soon
  • paulb123
    @darrylg94 hi mate I've just received a email sayn a decision has been made think it's been 6 weeks since the provisional  notice thy cnt tell me the decision online said I after waite for the letter which should be hear throw the week hopefully the judge hasn't changed his mind 
  • darrylg94
    paulb123 said:
    @darrylg94 hi mate I've just received a email sayn a decision has been made think it's been 6 weeks since the provisional  notice thy cnt tell me the decision online said I after waite for the letter which should be hear throw the week hopefully the judge hasn't changed his mind 
    Hi buddy, thanks for getting back to me. Believe it or not this morning I woke up to a email saying a decision has been made and will receive it within 7 days.

I'm confident the judge won't of changed their mind. Cause I'd expect a face to face or another direction if that was the case and my representative  said similar.

Let me know how you get on ? 
  • paulb123
    @darrylg94 mad mine was this morning 2 about half 9 fort it was a bit weird with it been a Sunday hopefully we find out through the week good luck il let u no what they say once mine arrives
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    best of luck for you all  :)
  • paulb123
    @darrylg94 if u do win is it back dated to the date u made your appeal to the date u they made ther decision I've been waiting since January 2019 on my appeal 
  • darrylg94
    paulb123 said:
    @darrylg94 if u do win is it back dated to the date u made your appeal to the date u they made ther decision I've been waiting since January 2019 on my appeal 
    Its backdated from the day you applied for pip if its a new claim or if it was existing claim then it would be backdated from when they removed the reward from you.
  • darrylg94
    Hi @paulb123

I've got my letter today. I've been awarded PIP. Which is great! Hope you have same outcome
  • katho31
    congratulations  :):) very pleased for you 
  • paulb123
    @darrylg94 congratulates mate over the moon for u my letter should be due any day now so hopefully a bit of luck after 2020 has been bad with all this lockdown 
  • katho31
    best of luck @paulb123 :) its been so very upsetting and wish you well
  • paulb123
    @darrylg94 hi m8 I just got my letter this morning and won the dwp didn't get in touch with the judge in time . Do u have any idea how long it takes to get ure backdated money or if u can ring to find out how much they owe u m8
  • katho31
    made up for you  :), it differs, i got mine within 10 days
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Congratulations to you both. Back dated money can take anything up to about 8 weeks some are quicker .

You should get a letter from DWP detailing your award and details of payment, they may also call you to ask a few questions eg is your bank account the same, have you had a stay in hospital, then it isnt long till you will get your backdated monry
  • darrylg94
    paulb123 said:
    @darrylg94 hi m8 I just got my letter this morning and won the dwp didn't get in touch with the judge in time . Do u have any idea how long it takes to get ure backdated money or if u can ring to find out how much they owe u m8
    I got a phone call yesterday to confirm my bank account and stuff. So it only took them 2 days which is fast! She said up to 10 working days for payment to process. Hopefully its quick for you to.

Well done by the way. Nice to see things happening fast. Its a shame a global pandemic had to make things faster.
  • kurt2920
    kurt2920 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I've received my provisional decision the other day and was awarded standard daily living dose this mean that I have now got my pip? After the 28days if dwp do not respond or anything or will they agree with the decision made by the judge as it's all confusein atm 
  • darrylg94
    kurt2920 said:
    I've received my provisional decision the other day and was awarded standard daily living dose this mean that I have now got my pip? After the 28days if dwp do not respond or anything or will they agree with the decision made by the judge as it's all confusein atm 
    Hi, so basically you have to write to the courts or email them and either accept the provisional decision or reject it. Same for DWP. If one of you disagrees then it goes to f2f appeal. If you agree but DWP don't reply then DWP surrender the right to appeal. If both of you don't reply then after 28 days it becomes a final decision.

Just note that although it states 28 days please be prepared to wait double that for the courts to finalise the decision. I waited the 28 days and then it took another month before the court finalised it.

So at the minute you've got no award but if you and DWP agree or if you agree but DWP don't reply then it gets made into a final decision after 28 days.
  • kurt2920
    kurt2920 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Yh so I have agreed so know I just have to wait then yh hopefully will go my way then I'll ring the courts in 3weeks see if thats the case nice one pal 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.