Tribunal by Telephone tomorrow at 10am — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal by Telephone tomorrow at 10am

clarzier
clarzier Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Evening everyone, its finally here after a wait of 116 weeks my tribunal tomorrow at 10am
Have been very calm but now panicking. I now have a complete bundle of 805 pages but I really do not know what to expect. What will they ask, how do i answer. They rang today to confirm I had all the paperwork and apparently the judge was reading it today- is this the normal?
I'm so nervous now - a sleepless night ahead ? 

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @clarzier hi it’s no good me saying don’t worry cos I was where you are this time last week BUT honestly don’t worry , they were really nice with my son, I was able to take part because I am his Appointee, I had all the bundle in front of me worrying about it telling myself if they ask me to turn to a page at least they will tell me the number of the page but they didn’t. There were three of them, the judge, a doctor and a disability expert. All introduced themselves. The questions were really about how you manage your daily tasks etc.
    try and have a good sleep and will be thinking of you,
    good luck and let me know how you get on xx
  • clarzier
    Thank you. The clerk rang today and he seemed helpful I just want it all over and done with now x
  • Lulu_1949
    Keep my fingers crossed for you luvvy xx
  • Phil2304
    Phil2304 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hope all goes well for you.
  • clarzier
    I had no intention of slagging of the HP and the reason being its 805 pages is because at my last tribunal hearing, that was adjourned in March my bundle which consisted of around 170 pages, the panel wanted to see everything- I explained how much there was and they were happy with that and asked me to send everything. So 805 pages is based on their recommendation. The judge has had my bundle today and has been going through it. It has always been my intent to be followed by the judges and the questions asked and not my personal feelings towards the original assessment.
  • clarzier
    Hospital notes, gp notes, and other outside agency reports. I explained what was there and the panel asked for it.
  • clarzier
    I really don't mean to be rude but I was trying to feel confident about tomorrow but I now feel lousy as I am going to bed. I've done what I was asked whether right or wrong I dont have experience in this - my first ever pip application as I was indefinitely DLA and had been for 10 years and it was unsuccessful and went to tribunal. Whatever will be will be tomorrow. I bid you goodnight.
  • Lulu_1949
    @clarzier Sorry you are feeling lousy now, try and have a good nights sleep. I personally feel that all your evidence is relevant,
    but that is my opinion. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi @clarzier, so very upset and sorry for you to be spoken to in this awful way. im again contacting scope first thing. please try to rst now, you havent done any wrong  :) we wish you all the best for tomorrow, goodnight and godbless you xx
  • clarzier
    Yes im still awake and if I'm honest you really haven't helped in the matter. I've not posted in this forum many times and my post this evening was just a post that anyone woukd feel prior to a tribunal hearing tomorrow. Your post was tactless. Yes I am panicking but I do not know what to expect, never done it before and I've been waiting since April 2018 for my tribunal, I dont know if I will be losing my motability car and then to hear from someone else insinuating I have no chance in hell as I've sent in too much information and they won't be interested, despite them asking for it, really does insult me. I believe you probably mean well but please think before you type. There was no need for the lecture I had tonight when I have a tribunal at 10am tomorrow morning. I really do not want to hear anymore about it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @clarzier. I just wanted to jump on and wish you the best of luck today. It's very normal to be feeling so anxious before a tribunal and you're definitely not alone. Please just remember to take your time and if they feel they've misunderstood something - make a note of it and make sure you cover it again and clarify towards the end.

I'm sorry you felt that this thread wasn't particularly helpful for you and you were upset last night. I do think everyone posting was just trying to help. Everyone just has different approaches as to what they think is useful.

Please let us know how you get on with the tribunal. I'm sure our members would find it very useful to hear your experience of the process.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clarzier, I hope it went okay!
    Scope

• clarzier
    Just finished - thank you everyone for your comments. It was brutal  no decision was made and ive got to wait for paperwork
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I’m sorry it was so rough @clarzier and I’m glad it’s over now. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and I hope to hear back quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lulu_1949
    @clarzier, well done you, relax and have a cuppa now xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it is all over for you and even though gruelling its just a waiting game now, fingers crossed for you and keep us updated

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.