Back payment query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back payment query

Options
Summery
Summery Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi this is my first post but my anxiety is hitting the roof I had my tribunal for pip last Wednesday and rang up Friday to ask for the decision and I've won standard on both mobility and daily living I know it can take up to 8 weeks to get a back payment but has anyone recieved it sooner than that its my lil boys 2nd birthday in a couple of weeks and my anxiety is all over the place as to if I can afford it! I'm looking at getting a years backpay so will deffo help atm tia ?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Summery

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope?

We have got some great info/advice here.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please come back to me if you need any further help!!!!! 

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Summery - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Great to read you have won with your PIP tribunal. Unfortunately no one can say for sure; the 8 weeks guideline is just that.....a guideline. Some have received it sooner, but there's no guarantee. If you get a phone call from the DWP, then often payment is put into place fairly quickly after that.
    Just a thought, but your little boy coming up to 2 won't know the difference between new toys, & secondhand. Perhaps see what there is in charity shops such as Scope, or try ebay. They can usually be wiped down with some disinfectant. Children outgrow their toys so quickly so perhaps you might find some great bargains secondhand. My children had a mixture of both new, & secondhand toys. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Summery! I hope you don't have to wait too long for the back payment :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.