Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Options
DonDon
DonDon Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. 
Bit confused before Covid were PIP assements being done 6 months before instead of 12 months, is this a change by DWP?
My Daughters PIP ends Oct 2021 so we are expecting the renewal forms around Oct 2020? Can anyone help?
Thank you 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi yes they changed from 12 months to six months last year, the only exception to this being if it was awarded by a tribunal then it's 14 weeks now.
    So in your daughters case it will be April 2021
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• DonDon
    Options
    Thank you. So April 2021, could it be longer with all the back logs over Covid?
    Thank you
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome yes as above it has changed to 6 months and it is anyones guess if the situation will affect your daughters renewal. I would imagine it will as it will take the DWP a long time to catch up on those that have been due reassessment during the lockdown period, so this is bound to have a knock on effect.

I would suggest you prepare for it being April 2021 and have all evidence ready 
  • DonDon
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.