ESA Tribunal Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Tribunal Appeal

Options
David94
David94 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible for somebody to help me. I'll try keep it as short as possible. Basically, I was in the support group on ESA. I got moved to WRAG. I appealed the decision and about 3 weeks ago got a letter back saying my appeal has been accepted and that I DO have a limited capability for work related activity. Of which I assume means my appeal was successful and I should be put back in the support group. But what I am concerned about is I am yet to hear from the DWP themselves. I did ring up once and was on hold for 36 minutes, of which the phone then went dead so I assume I was hung up on. Which I did find funny cause I was going to do that anyway so they just did it for me. I'm still getting WRAG payment so they obviously haven't put me back in the support group yet. But I seen on a couple forums that people had a problem where the DWP never received the tribunals decisions. So as I haven't heard yet I'm a bit concerned. However, I do understand also that Covid may have had an effect. I was pleased though with the speed of the appeal I was expecting to wait 6-12 months. Wasn't even 4.

So shall I wait a bit longer or try get in contact with them again? I do understand they can appeal my decision which Is why I may not have heard yet.

Cheers
David 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David94 hope your doing ok? If you want to contact the DWP by phone it's always best to try and do so as soon as they open in the morning when they are less busy.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• David94
    Options
    Hi @woodbine; I'm okay thank you. Yeah I understand that, I'm just debating whether to be a bit more patient. I've never had to go through all this before so wondering what happens next. Do I just wait to hear or ring them and see if they got the tribunals decision and ask them what happens next or?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there It is uop to you if you ring but it can take around 8 weeks for appeal payments to be out into action, as you said some of this is the time they have to appeal so normally it isnt acti9ned until this time has passed.

You normally get a call from DWP for them to check your bank details are correct  and then payment is usually couple days but they may not do this with you already getting paid anyway, though they did with me when I appealed
  • David94
    Options
    Okay no worries I appreciate your help. I will give it a little while longer yet then.

Thanks again!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Just wanted to add my congratulations on the successful appeal @David94. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.