Disability aids, equipment and technology
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Possible adaptions for a bath

SystemSystem Posts: 571

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Has anyone tried aqua aerobics?.

Replies

• robinhood8robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Courageous
    Hi everyone I need some advice I have CP arthritis I'm having problems getting in the bath I had a meeting with an ot assistant she has added me a bath chair the problem is my back is very shallow and small 
    Ideally I would like to have a mini walk in bath so I can sit down and relax my muscles could somebody give me some advice if I bought the bath myself with the council help me with a grant as it's a council flat that I live in thank you much appreciated for any advice
    Hi hope everyone is ok. I just need advice I've been assessed by the OT assistance. I CP also arthritis the problem is getting in and out the bath ideally I'd like to have a mini walk in bath so I could relax my muscles when I'm sitting down in the bath the lady that came to assist me a bath chair which is a bit silly because the bath I have shallow and very small the council will say a mini walk in bath is too expensive so I'm wondering if you could give me some advice and if I bought the bath myself the council help with a grind plumb it in as I am living in a council flat
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 12,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, I understand what you are getting at I have a bath chair but at least it means I can get in the bath.

I suggest you talk to your local council for advice as all councils are different . Most seem to only assist with the recommendations made by the OT. and they also need to consider  if this would be suitable for any future tenants should you leave the property.
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robinhood8, did you discuss this with you at the time? If the current solution isn't beneficial then they might look at alternatives.  
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.