PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP help

Options
Leigh_S
Leigh_S Community member Posts: 19 Connected
I am an autistic adult attempting to claim PIP.
I had an over the phone assessment and was scored 0. I sent in 6 pages breaking down everything I should have been scored on for a mandatory reconsideration and this has come back as still 0.
I would now like to take it to tribunal but I don’t know where to start. I don’t have a Citizens Advice bureau in my town and don’t know which branch would cover my area (Alfreton, de55 area).
I currently feel a little like I’m drowning because I’m so overwhelmed with it all and have a million questions that I can’t seem to find answers for.
Would my local job centre be able to help me?
Would my local library be able to help me? Basically I need help and I don’t know where to start. Some people have already said to look at certain websites but I don’t even know what I’m meant to be looking for on each website. 
One of the things I need help with is filling out forms and I also need help from an advocate with experience with autistic people.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community

Sorry to hear your application has not been successful 

It is well known that most MR are not successful but the success rate at tribunal is a lot higher

As fgr help and advice there is a CAB in Derby call 0300 330 9002 it has a website Mid Mercia Office. You could also try welfare rights in derby on 01332 299499.

The job centre wont help you with the forms as they are part of the DWP who you are appealing against and also I wouldnt think the library would have anyone who can give you the best advice

If there are any specific questions we can help with we have lots of PIP experts on here
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Leigh_S

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your current problems with DWP in regards to your PIP.

I have got a good friend here at Scope who is very very good with Benefits.

I will forward your post onto her to see what she can make of your current problems/difficulty’s.

Hi @poppy123456

Can you please have a look ? at this  post for me.

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the tag @steve51 but i can't give anymore advice than has already been given. Otherwise it will be information overload for Leigh.

HI and welcome @Leigh_S Please try those phone numbers that Janer has given above and hopefully they will be able to help you. If you don't have any luck with those then please come back and let us know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.