PIP Assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment report

ceilidh1990
ceilidh1990 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I was wondering how often the decision-maker at PIP goes along with what the assessor has suggested point wise? I'm really hoping that they will stick with the report like they did last time because I have went from 0 points in mobility to 12. Have my fingers tightly crossed because it would make such a massive difference to our lives.
Also, I'm assuming with the state of things right now because of covid that it's taking a little longer to get an answer just now. PIP received my assessment report on the 13th of July. Last year it took 4 weeks from my assessment to receiving the backdated money, would love that kind of turn around again lol. How long do people seem to be waiting at the moment? I've been told by someone (not from the dwp) that it might take 16 weeks whereas the text I received from dwp said within 8 weeks.
Sorry this is so long, I get so anxious when I have zero clue how it'll go. Hearing other people's accounts really helps. 

Thank you in advance 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ceilidh1990 welcome to scope, hope you are ok this evening? They usually go with the report but that's not a guarantee, as for how long it depends obviously how busy they are and how under-staffed.
    But it looks like all may be well, good luck and let us know how you get on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ceilidh1990
    woodbine said:
    Hi @ceilidh1990 welcome to scope, hope you are ok this evening? They usually go with the report but that's not a guarantee, as for how long it depends obviously how busy they are and how under-staffed.
    But it looks like all may be well, good luck and let us know how you get on.
    @woodbine, thank you for the quick reply. I'm doing okay this evening actually, how're you?
    Yeah, it's like asking how long as piece of string is, isn't it? Just nice to hear from people who have maybe had answers back from PIP recently :smile:
    I really hope all is well and thank you for the luck, it's appreciated. Just wish I could be more patient lol
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

It's rare for them to go against the report but yes it can happen, although i've been through 4 PIP assessments and they've never gone against the report.

If this is a review then there won't be any backdated money, it's from the date the decision is made. There's no timescales, it really depends on the backlog in your area but hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ceilidh1990
    HI and welcome,

It's rare for them to go against the report but yes it can happen, although i've been through 4 PIP assessments and they've never gone against the report.

If this is a review then there won't be any backdated money, it's from the date the decision is made. There's no timescales, it really depends on the backlog in your area but hopefully not too much longer.
    Hi Poppy, I put in for a change of circumstances, is that different from a review? I phoned at the end of February initially. I dunno why, but I had thought it would be backdated until then.
    Thank you for your reply
  • poppy123456
    Yes, that would be different. Providing you had the worsening of condition for at least 3 months then it will be backdated to the date you rang to report the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ceilidh1990
    Oh good. Yeah, my condition had been worse for a fair while tbh but I was hoping it would maybe improve again. Once I realised it wasn't improving or going to, I put in the change. This has all been documented through my GP, rheumatologist and through a hospital stay so is evidenced thankfully 
  • ceilidh1990
    @woodbine @poppy123456
    Just woke up and checked my banking app, backdated payment has went in from PIP. In complete shock right now but so so happy. You guys must be my lucky omens! ?
  • poppy123456
    Great news! The decision letter will follow is a few days.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thats great news and thanks for sharing wit us

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.