Food/sleep/tiered — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Food/sleep/tiered

Bell11
Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi every one. As I'm new to all this, I'm finding some little things strange.. not every thing is fybro. Cfs or ME...?? Or is it.
I've started to see a pattern in so much as when I eat I get really tiered.? Is this normal.
Now I do have type two diabetes so always keep an eye on it. My levels are fine so it's not that. I dont over eat because I only have 1/3 of a stomach, so that impossible.

I know it's normal to get tiered easy from not doing a lot but from eating ???‍♀️

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Bell11 and welcome! Thank you for sharing with us.

Have you spoken to your GP about this? 

Perhaps you could keep a food diary and record what you eat and how you feel afterwards? This could help keep track of things. You could show this to your GP. 

I hope you're able to find some answers. 

Han 
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @Bell11 I'm wondering if you get similarly tired when doing small physical tasks or is it just eating that you've noticed this with?
    The food diary which @Han_ suggested is a great idea to keep on track of it and notice any patterns.
    Keep us posted with how you get on :smile:
    Louise 
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Bell11
    Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    LouiseH 
    I do get tired after doing stuff. But that seems to be more bodily need to rest or lie down tiered. It's strange I only need to sleep if it's a bigger task than I should be doing almost to the point where my body seems exhausted. ( Probably not someone elses exhausted though, and I'm more than likely doing more than I should as I'm still getting use to things.) But I know 100% that eating makes me feel sleepy. And it's not alot. Today I ate about 10 little poppy seeded crackers and some hummus, (no breakfast) and within an hour I felt so bloated uncomfortable and tiered,. I was struggling to stay awake. I left work an hour early to get home and sleep. 2.5 hours later I was woken as I had a telephone call. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bell11, unfortunately this can be common for people who already experience fatigue. This can be due to the energy that is needed to digest food. I have found that eating little and often works better once your body has adjusted. I hope this helps!
    Scope

Brightness