Pediatrician — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pediatrician

Scope2020
Scope2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello
New to the community - I contacted Scope today as  I needed some support as I feel my son's Pediatrician is not following procedures (ASD questionnaires not being passed to ASD team after over a year) I spoke to a very helpful lady and was advised to follow  NHS complaints procedure and to check out the community. Thought I would start a new discussion for support and advice both ways for anyone who feels let down by professionals as I often feel so frustrated and believe I cannot be the only one. Don't mean to sound so negative on my first post but reaching out for anyone that can relate.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Scope2020 and welcome to the community, I hope you find the support you are looking for.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Scope2020 - & welcome to the community, tho I'm sorry to read about your son's Paediatrician. I don't know if this will help, or if it's something you have tried, but in the past, on several occasions, I have rung a consultant's secretary. They have always been most helpful, & have chased things up with the consultant when needed.
    You certainly aren't the only one to feel let down by Drs. I've had to fight quite a bit with consultants (tho some have been great) to get my children diagnosed, as we have a genetic disorder. I've been fortunate to have really good GP's, & wonder if this something else you might try. Perhaps an understanding GP would write to this Paediatrician asking for an update.
    Perhaps others will have better/different ideas. Anyway I'm pleased you've joined, as I'm sure you'll find this a most supportive community. My best wishes. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Scope2020 and welcome to the community!

I hope you'll be able to find some useful information and support on here that can help you through the NHS complaints procedure. I'd recommend that you also hop over to the Parents and Carers category on the online community, as I'm sure other parents will have had similar experiences. 

Good luck, and let us know if we can help you in any other way :)

Tori
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Scope2020 Welcome to the community from me too, glad you have joined us here

I dont really have any advice other than have you contacted your sons hospital PALS department to lodge a complaint

Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions I look forward to seeing you around
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Scope2020, I don't have any advice but just wanted to say welcome to the community. :)

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Scope

• Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Hello

It's my understanding that if you are unhappy with the service provided by your Paediatrician (or any other health care provider) you can ask to be transferred to another.I'm not sure if this is an option you're willing to try but it's an option if all else fails. I would imagine a talk with your GP might be the way to bring this forward.
    Best Wishes to you.. 

Brightness