Starling Bank App.
It was suggested to share this information in a post, so here goes...
Basically after a problem with my last bank, I had to close and open a new account - I needed something that would tell me everywhere I spent money on card, or, by taking out on an ATM, keep a total each day / monthly, and notify me when any money went in or out of my account. I found this with Starling...
Their phone app is amazing - basically it will send you a notification whenever you take money out of an ATM or spend on card (you need mobile data for this). They also tell you of payments coming into your account the next day and things like that. If you make a payment online they give you a confirmation code on your phone to use as well - this massively helps reduce the risk of card fraud!
You can set up spaces to save money, and you can setup a space with a card that can only ever have a maximum of £200.00 on it, so again, if you're like me and forget everything, you can't overspend!!
So yeah, if you need a new bank, or struggle and need more reminders about where is going and when, try Starling, it's helped me a lot!
Disclaimer - I DO NOT work for Starling, I got screwed over in June by my old bank due to not having any money coming in (account closure, supposed financial risk), so had to get a new bank - I couldn't be happier that this happened I feel much more in control of my finances now
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.