ESA text — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA text

loulou28
loulou28 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi just recieved a text message say we need to discuss your esa  please phone us straightaway on 9/8/2020 but there not open today was rewarded to 2022 only difference is I've had my pip award and been awarded standard for both but only had standad care can anyone help please 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Sounds iffy to me @loulou28 ?
    if you’re  still concerned it may be a genuine message you could,phone them on their proper free phone number tomorrow during office hours.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid we can only guess what it could be and you'll need to ring them when they open tomorrow morning at 8am. I know this doesn't help you're anxiety but i'm sure everything will be fine.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • loulou28
    Do you think it could be to do with premiums currently get disability income guarantee at £24.10 
  • poppy123456
    That disability premium, otherwise know as Enhanced disability premium is couples rate, which is £24.50 per week and is always automatically added when you're in the Support Group (income Related).  Single person rate for this is £17.10 per week.

The severe disability premium is only paid if you live alone or classed as living alone. If you're living with a partner or other adults over the age of 18 they must also be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living/DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance allowance, or registered blind.  No one must also be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.

There's no disability premiums when claiming the mobility part and you were already claiming the daily living part.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Just so that you're aware the timescale they give you, in your case 2022, is just a guide. You can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. Although i'd be very surprised if the reason they want to speak to you is anything to do with a work capability assessment.
  • loulou28
    It's very strange my mum and dad had a phone call other week from dwp but they wasnt in and they never phoned back 
  • loulou28
    Also the text just says dwp doesnt give a number to ring 
  • poppy123456
    loulou28 said:
    Also the text just says dwp doesnt give a number to ring 

Then how do you know it's about ESA? It could be about PIP.
  • loulou28
  • poppy123456
    Then i really have no idea. I'm afraid you'll need to ring them tomorrow morning and tell them you received a text asking you to ring.
  • loulou28
    I will thankyou for trying to help x
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Please come back and let us know the outcome. I must admit in almost 8 years of claiming ESA i've never had a text messaging asking me to ring them.
  • loulou28
    No neither have I been claiming about the same time as yourself but I will definitely let you know x
  • loulou28
    Haha phoned them this morning its was the wrong text sent out should have been one about a payment of arrears 
  • poppy123456
    Glad it's sorted, thanks for letting us know.
  • loulou28
    No worries dont know what I'm going to spend it on all £2.30 of it x
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @loulou28 at least it was a genuine call! 
    ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• loulou28
    Oh yes definitely 
  • poppy123456
    loulou28 said:
    No worries dont know what I'm going to spend it on all £2.30 of it x

Don't spend it all at once ;) lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Buy yourself a treat lol 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.