Covid 19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid 19

Misscleo
Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
Wondering what people believe is happening rather than what newspapers say is happening regarding this plague 

Comments

• Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    You think the government is lying to us?
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    They have been known to not be truthful with us about many things
    Why not this?
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    I just wanted to make sure that what what the OP was saying.
    Yes, I think they are lying to us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Over 1000 new cases recorded in the last 24 hours for the first time in almost six weeks, that to me doesn't sound too good Are we about to see a second "wave" possibly, are we being told the truth definitely who would have anything to gain from lying to us???
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the governments of the world tend to try to capitalise on misfortune in any way they can in democracies for the benefit of the country during which some truths may be overlooked and some exaggerated but I don’t think our government has lied about the big picture, that is, we are in a pandemic. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    edited August 2020
    I Know its hard but try not to read into this conspiracies like our telly's are bugged and the government want to control us and this is man made  etc I have heard it all which does not to my mental health any good . I have no Idea bout this Virus I like to think its not as bad as they make out but people are dying from it . I think its best to try not to worry to much bout the virus and the government. I don,t go any where any way ha My life has been one big lock down for years any way locked inside my own mind , All you can do if follow the hand washing guidelines wear a mask ect  . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    When I've tried to look into things in the past, mainly medical research, I decided arbitrarily that I needed to find at least 3 separate sources to be sure I had the correct info......Drs, online searches, & many medical papers (the latter appearing the most relevant).
    With Covid-19 it's difficult. We hear from the government, & the papers report it in their many & varied ways; it's likely some mis-information, or bias may also creep in.
    No-one has much to draw on, as nothing that has swept the world like this has happened in anyone's lifetime. The Spanish flu was the last pandemic, &, as this was over 100 years ago, perhaps difficult for our present day scientists to compare that to now. The Spanish flu apparently infected about a third of the world's population, but estimates to the many millions that lost their lives vary enormously.
    I put my trust in the fact that the world's scientists are working together, & may develop a vaccine. I think we should all do the best that we can do minimise the spread of this in the meanwhile. The danger is very real, but, if we follow the guidelines our scientists have given our government, we can all hopefully stay safe.
    Can I ask if any of you get a letter saying you've been randomly asked to do a home Covid-19 test, as I was a couple of weeks ago, as they're trying to see where this is prevalent in the UK, please do so. It only shows whether you might currently have this, but any info our scientists get may help.
    Covid-19 has affected our family; my daughter-in-law lost her Uncle on Friday.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    I am still extremely worried but I listen to what the doctors such as Professor Whitty and Professor Van Tam and scientists say. I was in the shielding group and I am worried particularly because large numbers of people ignore social distancing and don’t wear masks. If I go to the park many people don’t keep their distance and it is difficult for me to move out of the way. Many people have ignored the rules throughout the lockdown and in many areas of the country the infection rates are increasing. I have driven past restaurants, cafes and pubs recently where nobody is social distancing. I won’t go to any of these places because I don’t feel safe but the main problem is complacency because too many people act as if Covid 19 has gone away. I keep my distance when I go out yet if I tell someone to keep their distance they look at me as if I am doing something wrong! 

Brightness