The 4 types of Auditory Processing Disorder - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The 4 types of Auditory Processing Disorder

2»

Comments

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited March 2020
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

I thought you might like to have a look as some of the graphics I have created and use to help explain Auditory Processing Disorder in recent months, which are now listed on this web google web page
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/GYVzmGZFG1b3oQm28  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks @dolfrog. Glad to see you're still working away at this. Have you had much luck since speaking to Professor David Moore last year?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dolfrog
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @dolfrog. Glad to see you're still working away at this. Have you had much luck since speaking to Professor David Moore last year?
    There was a Seminar this week, run by the Surrey NHS  and the British Society of Audiology (BSA). I have had contact with the BSA Auditory Processing Disorder lead, who is now working with Prof. David Moore. 
    Progress is slowly being made, but there is still a long way to go including having all the UK audiology professional bodies working together regarding APD issues, which will require a great deal of training, and willingness to with with other professions as part of a multi discipline team, which is a problem with other professional bodies as well.    
  • dolfrog
    NEW ZEALAND GUIDELINES ON AUDITORY PROCESSING DISORDER 
    https://www.audiology.org.nz/assets/Uploads/APD/NZ-APD-GUIDELINES-2019.pdf 

Time for UK Audiologists to catch up 
  • dolfrog
    I have had a few interesting conversations on Twitter with some leading UK audiologists, I am supposed to be a "patient APD expert" lol. 
    I have created a new Evernote web page which tries to explain the life long issues my family expereince, and links to some of my related PubMed research paper collections. 
    Auditory Processing Disorder and Some Related Issues
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s329/sh/be9fe329-b4c9-410b-aa54-b3068d4105e7/64cf37b4b9e217a2b2d52e125a9db6c4 
  • Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    This thread is so enlightening, than you @dolfrog! My violin teacher was the first one who noticed that sometimes when she gave me instructions I wouldn't react because my brain wasn't processing the words. Also when someone talks I have to lip read a lot because I have difficulty keeping up with them. It's not *that* bad in terms of my day to day functioning, though it's noticeable enough socially. I honestly didn't know there were 4 types. I won't be able to read *all* that research though :P  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow you have amassed a comprehensive set of resources there @dolfrog that I am sure will help others with auditory processing disorders.  I certainly know where to visit if I have a related query so thank you.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness