Esa and anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa and anxiety

rsx
rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
I had a telephone assessment at the start of June, a few days later I received a letter saying they didn't have enough information and would require a face to face assessment, I'm just so worried about it and so wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to request another telephone assesmnt as I don't think I could cope with a face to face assessment.

Also who would I contact? The number on the letter or should i contact universal credit through my online journal?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I would ring the number on the letter you got from them.

You can request it but they may not agree as they felt they needed face to face before in order to get what they needed, and would them doing another telephone assessment give yherm anymore information

Always worth a try though
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not always possible to get all the answers they need through a telephone assessment, so a face to face is needed. Of course you can ring the number on the letter to ask if you can have another telephone assessment but please be prepared to have to attend the face to face sometime in the future, if needed. Although i have no idea when these will be back on again as they are still suspended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rsx! Do you feel comfortable with giving the number on the letter a call? If you do, please feel free to keep us updated with how it goes. It's understandable that you'd be feeling a bit worried, so don't hesitate to seek support on here as and when you need :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rsx you could ask but would seem unlikely, don't put it on your journal but phone the number on the letter.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rsx
    I gave them a call, they said it has to be face to face but they can make it a home visit if I get a letter from the doctor explaining why I need a home visit ? So I'm going to get my grandma to sort that out sometime this week 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear it's starting to get resolved @rsx :) I hope your Grandma has some luck sorting the letter out! Let us know what happens
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Do be aware that even with a letter from your GP a home visit could still be refused. If you attend other appointments then they could refuse based on that, it has been known.

Although face to face assessments are still suspended, so the wait could be quite a while.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rsx
    @poppy123456 I have agoraphobia and haven't left the house in 5 years so fingers crossed they will accept that although im not holding my breath.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @rsx. I really hope you manage to get this sorted. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.