thank you button ??? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

thank you button ???

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,520 Disability Gamechanger
I don't know if anyone else thinks it's a good idea that Scope should have a "thank you button" so that when someone is helpful you can click on the "thanks" ?
It seems a shame that some very helpful people on here don't get the recognition they deserve for the effort they put in and being thanked might encourage those who help others.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine - this sounds like a good idea, but might be similar to the 'like/awesome/insightful' buttons Scope already has. Like yourself, I spend some time here on Scope, & often write a reply having done quite a bit of research, often trying to find both helpful & appropriate websites....of course the OP is not to know that.
    I find that some members get an awful lot of 'likes,' etc., but haven't said much, but there's no way of quantifying how much help some give on Scope however. If someone just says, 'thank you,' that in itself means a lot to me....even if they don't 'like' my post. Would they necessarily click on a 'thank you' button for others who give the most helpful advice here, I don't know?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,520 Disability Gamechanger
    It's something number of forums I use have and I thought it might be a good idea if we had it on scope?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for your suggestion @woodbine You are right, a lot of forums do have a thank you button and it's a nice way of acknowledging other members often thoughtful responses.  

I'll feed this back to the team and we will get back to you about it :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    chiarieds said:
    @woodbine - this sounds like a good idea, but might be similar to the 'like/awesome/insightful' buttons Scope already has. Like yourself, I spend some time here on Scope, & often write a reply having done quite a bit of research, often trying to find both helpful & appropriate websites....of course the OP is not to know that.
    I find that some members get an awful lot of 'likes,' etc., but haven't said much, but there's no way of quantifying how much help some give on Scope however. If someone just says, 'thank you,' that in itself means a lot to me....even if they don't 'like' my post. Would they necessarily click on a 'thank you' button for others who give the most helpful advice here, I don't know?
    I agree and personally I find if someone makes the effort and takes the time to write a post saying “thank you” that means more to me than pressing a button.

As with any forum people can get a lot of likes by regurgitating the same stuff that other people want to hear - I personally appreciate those who know their own mind and don’t necessarily chase the likes, but post unique content which makes you think, even if their views “go against the grain”  :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for this @woodbine, definitely something to think about!
    Scope

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Must admit, I don't like being thanked at all, online or offline, just find it really awkward and uncomfortable...  Very British problems, eh!  :D

It does seem to be a staple of other forums though so I'd guess the majority do like it!   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good suggestion there I must admit I dont very often use the like awesome buttons no reason why not just forget they are there. I also dont look how many likes I have either.

Agree saying thanks is a nice acknowledgement we have helped someone

Brightness