PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

tommymcfc22
tommymcfc22 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi all I had a tribunal for pip over the phone yesterday and they said I'll receive a decision in the post in a week I have cerebral palsy I was so nervous on the phone just have to wait now it's taken 15 months already. Plus the first time I received zero points which I thought was a joke.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tommymcfc22 I bet you are glad your tribunal is over at least that should be the end of it all.

You should get your letter in the post fingers crossed sooner rather than later, like everything it depends on the workload of the courts and the postal service

Fingers crossed for you and let us know what the outcome is
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tommymcfc22 15 months is a long time to wait, so I have my fingers tightly crossed for you having a positive outcome.  Do you feel less nervy today now it's over?

Like @janer1967 said please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww yeyyy @tommymcfc22 !!! I am so happy for you.  That's fantastic <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news relax and chill now 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing @tommymcfc22! Really great news
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @tommymcfc22 - It's great to hear such good news! :)
  • Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    yippey ? I am very happy for you, great news ?
  • tommymcfc22
    Thank you all for your kind words
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @tommymcfc22! Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

• tommymcfc22
    I have only received a letter from the court not the dwp yet have no idea how long it takes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news. Backdated money can take between 2-8 weeks after a Tribunal win. You'll receive a phone call from DWP before payment is made asking for bank details to be confirmed and whether you've been in hospital recently.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tommymcfc22
    Ok thanks for that 
  • minti
    minti Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    My daughter just have her PIP Tribunal over the phone hearing and LOST it.It was very traumatized experience.She is 27 now and had Dissability benefit since her school age.It was changed to PIP and she had only two face to face assessments,2015 which she won and 2019 which she lost.We asked Fight Back for Justice group to help with  presentation.They agreed after payments of £60,£50,£50 and asking for another £395 if my daughter will win her tribunal.Day before Tribunal Fight Back emailed and refused to represent my daughter in Tribunal as they thought her case will not win.They were right.All what Tribunal was interested is in my daughter job.They were made her feel like she shoud not be working if she climed PIP.I couldnt find any information that it is a case now.Is it changed recently?The judge even asked questions about my daughter employment name.As her line  manager is very sympathetic about her disability and doing a lot for helping,main companys boss wouldn't like this ajjustments.To do a tribunal over the phone is a horrible experience.Line is always interrupted .Doctors in Tribunal panel was the only one who was friendly.Dissabled representative-a woman-was horrible and judge too.
  • poppy123456
    minti said:
    My daughter just have her PIP Tribunal over the phone hearing and LOST it.It was very traumatized experience.She is 27 now and had Dissability benefit since her school age.It was changed to PIP and she had only two face to face assessments,2015 which she won and 2019 which she lost.We asked Fight Back for Justice group to help with  presentation.They agreed after payments of £60,£50,£50 and asking for another £395 if my daughter will win her tribunal.Day before Tribunal Fight Back emailed and refused to represent my daughter in Tribunal as they thought her case will not win.They were right.All what Tribunal was interested is in my daughter job.They were made her feel like she shoud not be working if she climed PIP.I couldnt find any information that it is a case now.Is it changed recently?The judge even asked questions about my daughter employment name.As her line  manager is very sympathetic about her disability and doing a lot for helping,main companys boss wouldn't like this ajjustments.To do a tribunal over the phone is a horrible experience.Line is always interrupted .Doctors in Tribunal panel was the only one who was friendly.Dissabled representative-a woman-was horrible and judge too.

I'm sorry to hear that. People can and do work and claim PIP but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it can go against you. A badly presented case can go against you.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive that you'll need to find someone to have a look to see if the error in law can be found.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    What sort of job does your daughter do? I guess if she is a cleaner or in a job that requires manual labour but then says she can't get dressed or shower etc then that would go against her. There are people who work and claim PIP as long as the work they do doesn't contradict the reasons they're getting PIP. 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • poppy123456
    minti said:

I'm sorry to hear that. People can and do work and claim PIP but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it can go against you. A badly presented case can go against you.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive that you'll need to find someone to have a look to see if the error in law can be found.

In addition to my comment here, paying someone to help with a MR and Tribunal is wrong. There's plently of advice centres that will help and even represent you for free.
  • minti
    She is working in special care home,when 2 people at once are looking after troubled teenager.She was on probation period a long time but finally got a contract 2 years ago,based on her excellent writing skills.She finished long distance degree too.Her local manager agreed to give her all admin duties as nobody in a house can do it as well as her,like writing rotas,care plans,reports,health and safety etc.She done so much training now and loves her job.Place where she works look just like normal home and its only 5 mins from our home,she drives there.And if she struggles with her conditions/crohn desiese,Me/manager let her go home for a break,toilet and bath.Main bosses don't know this,and her manager will be in trouble if they will know.
  • minti
    Advice agency promised partly refund money.I regret that I asked for their help.Comunication was bad.But my local free adviser was not answering my emails a very long time.
  • minti
    What is worrying my daughter now is why judge asked the name of her employer.What if her manager will be in any trouble for letting her ajjust her working day,like coming to work late and leaving late if she cant manage her morning toilet,etc.And me who advised her to look for PIP as I m the only one family member she has.I wanted to teach her how to ask for help when I will not around any more.And judge even mentioned-or,you have your mother who look after you,nothing to worry about

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.