PIP Stalling on paying out after tribunal win. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Stalling on paying out after tribunal win.

Options
AmberLoulabell
AmberLoulabell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
So, long story short:
I claimed on May 15th 2018. After an MD the following January (2019), I put in for appeal.
I finally had my appeal, which I won, on May 27th 2020. Over 2 years later.
I wait 6/7 weeks and call PIP for an update because I've not heard anything and they tell me 'the tribunal never sent the decision notice' so they haven't even bothered to look into it and no one let me know so I could chase it up.
In the spirit of getting this dealt with quickly, I post my copy to them the following day, they acknowledge that they received it on July 27th.
I'm still waiting for my first payment and the roughly £9600 they owe me for back pay.
I've called them on average twice a week, responses have been 'a matter of days', 'there's no time frame due to COVID-19' and '2-4 weeks from the time they receive the decision notice'.

My MP was moderately helpful in that he's sent them a letter asking for expedition in this process.
The lady I spoke to today in the appeals department says she'd send the case manager an email and 'hopefully' it could be 7-10 days.

I'm so sick of being messed around at this point. I don't know what else to do, especially if even a letter from the MP won't get them to move a bit faster. My anxiety is spiking, I'm not sleeping properly which is causing me to be in more pain. I thought after the tribunal that the stress would be over. It almost feels like they are doing it deliberately at this point.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community and I am sorry that you are still awaiting your payment

The delay will be as they havent had a copy from the courts and will probably require this before they can do anything. 

Majority of payments take around 6-8 weeks as this takes into account the 28 days the DWP have to request a statement of reasons and appeal the decision

However recently lots of members have reported very fast payments after tribunal

But as above it is just a matter of waiting and I wouldnt really be concerned unless the 8 weeks have passed.

Constantly ringing will not do your stress any good 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @AmberLoulabell! I'm so sorry to hear the stress this is causing you. I hope the advice above helps. :)
    Scope

• jaknit
    jaknit Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    The waiting is the worst, hearing date set 2 weeks ago but all that means is its been passed to a judge, he will work through his cases but they dont specify time. i had butterflies this morning as postman due, after being lied about and lied to by ATOS and DWP my trust is at zero, my paranoia is off the charts. like me all you can do is wait, it could be 4 weeks before you hear. I know there is a pandemic but underneath that we are in a hugely flawed and unfair and extremely stressful process. take heart, seek activity to take your mindofff it, it is a storm, and all storms pass. now im off to practice what i preach and walk past fronr door without checking letterbox . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.