You’d never know it to look at me but... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You’d never know it to look at me but...

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
edited August 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi,
this is a game whereby you tell of something you may have achieved or done which no one would guess just by looking at you of course. 

The achievement can be great and impressive or trivial and funny anything you like.

my fist admission is 
you’d never know it to look at me but... I once played bass guitar in a rock band!

(you can miss off ‘you’d never know it to look at me but ‘ if typing is hard for you ?)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I was once secretary of the oldest working mens club in the country.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I once danced at the Royal Ballet School 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    In a rock band?! :o Now, you really are right.  I would never have guessed.  When and where?!

My turn, you'd never know it to look at me but...I have pulled a pint on the Rovers Return set.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    edited August 2020
    The last gig I did was upstairs at Ronnie Scots in soho in the eighties. At that time the band I was in tended to play police style music, very cool ? 
    i was four stones lighter then ?. ?

(oh, the reason why I didn’t become famous is because...The Police did it far better! Lol)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    edited August 2020
    These are so interesting, it just shows you ...you would never know it!
    ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    @woodbine you must have met quite a few comedians and acts of various kinds I’d imagine in your role?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    I once played in the National Children's Orchestra
  • leeCal
    @Francis_theythem how wonderful, what instrument did you play? 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    @woodbine you must have met quite a few comedians and acts of various kinds I’d imagine in your role?
    and that was just the members !  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

I used to have long hair down to my shoulders! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I was once chased round St. Mark's Square in Venice by 2 of their policeman with their swords drawn. :s
  • leeCal
    @chiarieds I now see you in a totally different light! 
    It begs the question why? What on earth did you do?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    @Adrian_Scope me too, I was even wolf whistled once by a van load of builders!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger

I used to have long hair down to my shoulders! 
    leeCal said:
    @Adrian_Scope me too, I was even wolf whistled once by a van load of builders!
    Hahaha this made me laugh :D
  • 66Mustang
    Some really good answers here. I don’t really have any really impressive ones to add. I will try my best below.

I didn’t learn to drive till I was 23. I thought driving was boring and pointless! How wrong I was!!

I used to have long hair but I’ve never attracted a van load of builders :D

I have driven an E Type Jag
  • leeCal
    Wow, an E type jag @66Mustang, I was a passenger in one once and on acceleration the G force was brilliant.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    They are beautiful cars :) apparently Enzo Ferrari said they are the most beautiful cars ever made! I will take your word on the acceleration as I was too scared to put my foot down haha!!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leeCal -  When I was nearly 17, I had met a Venetian young man the day before, when we were both just in our beachwear on the Lido di Jesolo. He didn't speak English, & I just knew a little Italian. He gave me to understand he'd like me to meet him the following afternoon in St. Mark's Square. I'd taken a friend in tow for safety, & It turned out he was a policeman. Once he saw me, both he & his friend chased us both around the square, with their swords drawn, much to the amusement of some bystanders. Honest! :)
  • leeCal
    A lovely memory @chiarieds, thanks for sharing. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness