PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Submitting extremely info

Greenelephant11Greenelephant11 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi peeps, I'm new on here and need some help.

I have sent in how pip how it affects me form and mentioned was I was awaiting report for dyslexia. I now have this report. 
How do u sent a copy in to add to my application now I have it?
Thanks

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would ring the helpline and ask so they know to expect it. Then send it off making sure you put your national insurance number on 

However pip isnt about a diagnosis so unless the report gives details of how your daily living is affected it may not be relevant 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • Greenelephant11Greenelephant11 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thanks for your reply. It says about the difficulties I have with things like reading and writing, and short term processing memory making it difficult to remember things
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Dyslexia is going to impact reading and budgeting. If these extra points are likely to be crucial then by all means send it in but don’t have any illusions shout it being a magic bullet that will significantly shift your final award. That is rarely the case. 

In terms of sending it in you just send it to the same address you sent the PIP2 to. Put a covering letter in and ensure you include your name, address and either DoB or NINO. There’s no need to call anyone to let them know it’s coming. Most of the call centres are outsourced at present and have limited access to DWP systems to record anything. They aren’t allowed to tell you if they’re outsourced or not. They will all answer as “DWP”. 

The other reasons it’s pointless ringing are because if your PIP 2 hasn’t registered yet there would be no file to link a note to, and, calling up in advance will make no difference whatsoever in terms of persuading them to wait until your report arrives in order to make a decision. They’ve no obligation to wait for evidence. There have been several threads on this very point recently. The call centre operatives, not working for DWP, will blithely tell anyone who will listen that of course DWP will delay. No they won’t and the fact anyone says they would does not obligate them to either. 

Their only obligation is to make a timely decision. If your report arrives before a decision has been made then it will be taken into account. If it arrives after then it will trigger a mandatory reconsideration. 

Sign in or join us to comment.