Visual Impaired Members — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Visual Impaired Members

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
edited October 2022 in Sensory impairments
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there were any visually impaired members who would like to chat? 
Thanks,
CSn01

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @csno01. I know quite a few of our members have visual impairments. Hopefully someone will be along soon to talk. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01 Welcome to the community, I am sight impaired, I am blind in one eye and reduced vision in the other often suffering from bleeds behind the eye and having regular surgery. At present fingers crossed my vision is ok to allow me to come on here .

Feel free to have a chat and get to know people 
  • csno01
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @csno01 Welcome to the community, I am sight impaired, I am blind in one eye and reduced vision in the other often suffering from bleeds behind the eye and having regular surgery. At present fingers crossed my vision is ok to allow me to come on here .

Feel free to have a chat and get to know people 
    Hi janer1967,
    Nice to hear from you. 

I am registered blind myself and have Nystagmus too, so I can relate. Its great that you are able to post on the forums. I use a variety of gadgets and technology to help me. 

Take care.
  • janer1967
    Options
    @csno01its great you have gadgets to assist you and to know for future ref there is stuff around to help communicate. 

Take care look forward to seeing you on here 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01! I'm partially sighted and use a long cane to get around. :)

I have visual cortex disorder and my sight started deteriorating about 3 years ago. 
    Scope

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @csno01

I have tagged @mikehughescq, to answer your post, as he has posted about his VI issues on numerous threads.

Hope this helps.

Stay kind and be safe.

Best wishes

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Options
    Severely sight impaired user here. I have Cone-rod Dystrophy. 

Hope everyone is doing well! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Great to have you with us @ross2503! :)
    Scope

• csno01
    Options
    ross2503 said:
    Severely sight impaired user here. I have Cone-rod Dystrophy. 

Hope everyone is doing well! 
    Hi Ross,

Good to hear from you.

I am partially sighted and have Nystagmus also. I use a guide cane to help me navigate. I hope you enjoy this forum.

CSn01
  • Sparklebright62
    Sparklebright62 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    Hi to all of you

I am Partially Sighted since both Rerolentalfibroplaysia in one eye and only have 1.5 sight in my left eye I am very good at walking into doors walls people ect hurting myself along the way
    I have optitions appointment next week so will let you know how I get on.
    Nice to meet you all if you would like to chat let me know I am on messages and whats app.

Sparklebright62
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright62 I too have poor sight.  My right eye has been as good as blind since birth as it never taught itself to see so only picks up extremely little light .  My left eye is not perfect.  I am therefore Registered Blind and have been for many years.  I attended a school for the Visually Impaired and found this to be the best education I could have had.

I hope you are well and not bumping into too much.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us @roberttaylor570

I hope your appointment goes okay next week @Sparklebright62. :)
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Sparklebright62, I hope your appointment goes well :) 

I also bump into quite a few things, but I've found myself doing that less since I got my canes, particularly outdoors :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sparklebright62
    Options
    Hi to you all,

Thankyou for replying to my message will let you know the outcome.

Sparklebright62.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     :) No problem @Sparklebright62

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sparklebright62
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have been to the optitions today getting blurred vision and walking into doors ect I have to go back next Thursday for another scan and Oct test both eyes really red inside said I might have glucoma from being diabetic yuck.

Sparklebright62
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know @Sparklebright62

I think it's good that they're investigating further. Hopefully they'll be able to put a bit of a treatment plan together for you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright62 I have glaucoma too but mine came on suddenly in one eye and was too late to treat so I went blind in that eye.

I am constantly monitored in my other eye and it is under control after having laser surgery and cryo surgery and using drops

Early treatment is key so please keep up with the appointments
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright62, I imagine this wasn't pleasant news to receive! I hope next Thursday goes okay and please let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• Sparklebright62
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have been back to the optitions today she is referring me back to hospital for 2 failed field tests and other problems so she didn't say anything else about glucoma this time but I guess she will be sending me to the low vision clinic as I keep walking into doors ect and getting bruises on arms and legs
    and feel right strange only seeing with one.5 eyes and blurred vision in ok eye and I keep constantly blinking also muscle spasms in eyes 2.

Sparklebright62.

Brightness