Plans — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Plans

willow12
willow12 Community member Posts: 280 Pioneering
What has everyone got planned for the weekend? I cant do nothing as I'm in isolation 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not a lot may take my boy into town to spend his birthday money 

Depends on weather 

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I won’t be doing much, perhaps  a little shopping if there’s anything left! I wish people wouldn’t panic buy I really do. 
    Anyway, no I’ll be in mostly unfortunately. Might be a wet and chilly weekend so perhaps there’ll be an old film on to watch, packet of crisps, coffee and a warm water bottle and it’ll be cosy. I’m easily pleased ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Willow12, I have been housebound for six years and I found that it is very important to keep occupied, otherwise you can easily start to feel down. 
    I found that there was only so much tidying up I could do, given that I'm not very mobile, so I eventually discovered my creative side. I paint, write short stories and poems, watch the occasional film and do a lot of research for a book I'm writing.

Let's hope the lockdown won't last for years, though for me it will probably continue. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    @Oxonlady what do you think of Bob Ross and his style of wet on wet painting? I love it but some people don’t I find.

(bbc 4 7.30/8pm mon to Thursday atm)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• willow12
    Bless u all lockdown don't bother me I'm not very sociable I mean I'm ok chatting on social media but face too face it's a no go I have lots health problems social anxiety being 1 them I do KP busy as I have 6 kids 3 have complex needs but all my kids r my world 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @willow12 I will be about the community on Saturday and Sunday if you want a chat  :)

Other than working, I need to clean the house and prepare for a weekend away next week.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • willow12
    @Cher_Scope thank you very much means alot all my housework done for now lol I'm all snug in my pjs slippers and new Disney bambi dressing gown gonna watch movies with kids inbit weathers awful here 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @willow12 ooh that sounds lush! I haven't seen Bambi in years.  Sounds like perfect movie watching weather.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • willow12
    @cher_scope I love watching movies with the kids 
  • Oxonlady
    Hi LeeCal, I quite like watching Bob Ross, he makes painting look so easy and I like how he brings a landscape to life. I also like his voice and way of presenting his subject. 

What I didn't realise is that he died as long ago as 1995. 

I'm hoping to get the chance to complete the canvasses I have planned before it's too late... 
  • Oxonlady
    Willow12, I am full of admiration for you, having six children, three with complex needs and you have health problems as well. God bless you and your family. 

I only had one child and did not find it easy, I had post-natal depression for around four years as well as other health problems. There's no way I could have coped with more than one child. I admire your strength.
    Have a lovely weekend. 
  • willow12
    @oxonlady thank you very much for your kind words they really do mean alot hope you have a lovely weekend too stay safe takecare.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Good weekend everyone? :)
    Scope

Brightness