make over time... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

make over time...

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
It was a decision that as we are getting older we had to make; move or improve, after months chewing it over we decided to improve, whilst the home is only 12 years old we wanted to do things so that we won't need to do them again, so tomorrow part one of the operation a new concrete shed will be installed. On Monday they will put in a complete new kitchen and the following week a new bathroom. We will then have a break and in the new year the living room will get the treatment. Here's hoping all goes according to plan, wish us luck.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Those concrete sheds are definitely a long term solution! 

I wish you all the very very best of luck with your improvements @woodbine
    ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Woodbine, wishing you all the best. 
    Sometimes improving is better than moving! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope it all goes ok at least the first bit wont cause disruption inside 

Will feel like a new place when it's all done 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope it goes well @woodbine
    Scope

• leeCal
    @woodbine was the shed installed properly today or did the weather prevent things from getting done?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @woodbine - I hope it all goes well, & definitely worth 'future-proofing.' Nearly 3 years ago I had a completely new kitchen installed; new flooring in the kitchen area & shower room; a daybed made for the spare bedroom with a hidden pull out bed underneath, & a bookcase at one end. Also new lighting everywhere. I'm so pleased with it.....all that's left is my bedroom, when I can get my joiner back! I'm sure you will be just as pleased. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    @woodbine was the shed installed properly today or did the weather prevent things from getting done?
    yes @leeCal all done bigger than we thought but we'll soon fill it, just needs a coat of yacht varnish to protect the woodwork.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    That’s good @woodbine. Big day on Monday then.

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness