PIP review arrived today (stressed) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review arrived today (stressed)

hfr00
hfr00 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
Hi my pip review arrived today and I’m so stressed about filling it out I have no idea where too start or what too write. Any helpful suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You need to put as much relevant information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding where you were, what happened and who was with you.

You can ring to request extra time to return the form but also you need to make sure it's ent in plenty of time for them to receive it. Proof of posting from a post office is all that's need.

Try to do a little at a time and then it won't seem like such a huge task.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hfr00
    Thank you very much! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @hfr00 Good luck and let us know if you need any further support  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with your review fingers crossed 
  • hfr00
    Thank you I will fill it out and send it off as soon as I can so hopefully will be all done by Christmas. 
  • hfr00
    I have completed the review form with help and will post it tomorrow with all evidence. Does anyone know how long  roughly reviews take too be assessed by the DWP? Thanks ? 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    I'd advise getting proof of posting (free) from your post office, which will be closed until Monday. There's no timescales but most people are having telephone assessments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hfr00
    Okay, I will get proof of postage and will then await a telephone assessment letter or a decision.
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @hfr00 What is it with DWP recently with so many people receiving reviews?  Don't worry, have a cuppa and relax.  You have done all you can and had advice too.  You are in the right place as there are so many here to help and support you.  Good luck with it.
  • poppy123456
    There's millions of people claiming PIP, which means lots of people have reviews at the same time.
  • hfr00
    Posted pip review form and it has been delivered, now anxiously waiting for the next few months don’t know how too keep my mind off it! 
  • poppy123456
    You mean it's been signed for at Royal Mail sorting office, it doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP because it can take 7-10 days for this to happen. I'm assuming you sent it next day delivery, which isn't proof of posting as i advised.

All you can do now is wait and most people are having telephone assessments. If you have a paper assessment then it's a bonus. I do understand the stress it all causes but there's nothing more you can do now but wait.

• hfr00
  • hfr00
    That’s what I got from Royal Mail and yes I’ll try putting it out of my head until I get another brown envelope and deal with it then! I have Autism so everything makes me anxious!
  • hfr00
    Only worried as I haven’t heard many mental health or autism successes.
  • poppy123456
    Yes, that will be signed for by someone from Royal Mail and not someone from DWP.

PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

We have several members here that claim PIP because of mental health issues, likewise with Autism. My daughter is one of them.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @hfr00 hi there I’m guessing because it’s a review you were already accepted for it before . All my illnesses are mental health ones and I recieved pip first time , do they ever review it earlier than what they state in the letter they first send out to you ? 

Good luck make sure you include as much as you can. I included my care plans from crisis , medication lists , my partner wrote about how my illness affects me , I put letter in from the cris team , and they knew I was on a waiting list for a community nurse at the time . 
  • hfr00
    My pip was due too end in November but was extended due too Covid, but they now reviewing it, I was awarded pip first time I applied without face too face as I was 19 at the time 4 years ago I included everything I could diagnosis letters and home treatment team letters as well as my letter for my blue bage for parking @cupcake88
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Are they now doing face to face assessments now ?
  • hfr00
    Everything is paper based or telephone assessments if that reassurances you. @cupcake88

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.