PIP COMPLAINTS CONTACT DETAILS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP COMPLAINTS CONTACT DETAILS

tina1148
tina1148 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Does anyone know the email address or phone contact details of where to send PIP complaints or is it ATOS?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It depends what the complaint is about. If it's assessment related then it will be the health assessment providers, which is either Independent assessment services or Capita depending on where you live.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @tina1148, hope you're well.

As mentioned above, it will depend on which service you are wanting to complain about, DWP or one of the organisations that provide services like the assessments.

This page provides information about how to go about either one of those.  It has a section for complaints about the DWP, and then further down a section for complaints about an external organisation that provides services on behalf of the DWP.

Hope this helps. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined and hope the info is what you were looking for . If not come back for further advice 
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    can i just ask if folks do lodge complaints about the dwp or capita etc does anything ever happen with said complaints or just ignored or swept under the carpet?. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    many thanks woodbine for your reply. the reason i asked the question is because my pip assessment report came back this wk and all though better than expected its still full of porkies so just wondered if worth making a complaint about it. many thanks again.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.