Is there any other benefits I can claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any other benefits I can claim?

Options
BNeale
BNeale Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have just had an amputation below the knee I already get attendance allowance is there any other benefits I can claim

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and wlecome,

I'm sorry to hear that. As you are at least state pension age then you maybe able to claim pension credit with the severe disability premium  added but claiming this will depend on your circumstances. You must live alone or classed as living alone and no one must be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of universal Credit for looking after you.

There's also council tax reduction, if you're not already claiming it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about your amputation 

I too am an amputee and has been 3 years since I lost my leg 

I hope you are ok I know it's hard to adjust so you are welcome to ask me anything if I can help 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BNeale - welcome to the community from me too. I hope your query has been answered, & I'm pleased you've 'met' Jane, who will understand what you've gone through. Please say if you have any other questions, & let us know how you're getting on. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome too the community @BNeale! I'm sorry to hear about your amputation, do you have much support around you?

I hope you find this a helpful space to get advice and get to know others in a similar situation. 
    Scope

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @BNeale :) It's great to have you with us. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.